Our Sportsmobile

• HTML tutorial

Alan Wood

Rank 0

Traveler I

We’re new members here, so I thought we’d document the changes we’re making to our van. It’s a 2004 E350 Quigley 4x4 Sportsmobile. We sold our FJ Cruiser to buy this since we’ll be traveling full time after retirement. It was in great condition when we bought it, but some areas needed beefing up. This was it the day we bought it.

The first thing needed was bigger tires. It had a little bit of tail wagging the dog that needed addressing.

Next, after several recommendations, I took it to Jared Bratcher at Deviant Customs in Edmond, Ok. He installed the Agile Off Road R.I.P. kit to improve the suspension. He also installed the ARB OBA system.

Next some armor was needed. I had som special needs for the bumpers, so Jared is building them also. The front is close to being complete.

He’ll also be installing the Superwinch 12.5 Talon winch.

More to come.

S

SubeeBen

Gorgeous looking rig !!!! Best of luck with the build & thanks for the post.

Alan Wood

Rank 0

Traveler I

front 2.jpg front 1.jpg Front bumper is coming along. Lockable storage in the front will house winch and recovery gear. Rear bumper has even more storage. I don't know why the pics keep showing sideways. I tried re-posting several times.

Last edited:
Reactions: GLOCKer and PCO6

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
Nice looking rig, and great mods. It wouldn't happen to be diesel would it?

Sent from my SM-J327T using OB Talk mobile app

Built By Fluffy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Builder II

California, USA
Member #

Awesome to see another Hightop Econoline! I've always wondered what the hard-sided Sportsmobiles were like.

What does she have for running gear? Any planed changes there?

enjoitheride

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Ohio, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
W
Member #

This is rad. I have always wanted a sportsmobile. Can't wait to see more of it!