Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Somerville, MA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Witkus
Member #

The Helinox Savanna chair looks very interesting. I will have to drop by REI and give it a go. I have tried the Helinox Chair One though. It wasn't for me. I found REI's Flexlite Macro fit me better. If I am tight on space it is the chair that goes with me. If not I throw a bigger folding chair in so I have arms.

I have been thinking about getting an ARB BP-51 Compact Director Chair. I haven't found anywhere that has them in stock to try first though. https://www.arbusa.com/site/wp-content/uploads/directorchair-1.pdf Anybody tried one of these yet?

View attachment 109060
I should get it to match my suspension from OME...

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Yeah I'm looking for a comfortable chair for a big guy that packs down easily and small!

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

We have been using our good old soccer chairs we bought for $5 at Ace hardware back in the day. (Seriously, 18 years ago) they have worked just fine and stow away nicely, but if my wife and I do more overlanding trips and I finally finish my trailer we would be in the market for a nice set of chairs. In fact on my son b-day last summer we walked all over Denver and stopped in the REI they had one of the most comfortable chair sitting by the door, I could find it inside and it had no info on it. One of the clerks couldn't get me any info either, but I wonder if that was the chair???? Anyways sometimes you have to make an investment in comfort ( like a great pair of boots (RedWings). That's why I'm subbing this thread just in case we decide to jump on new chairs.

pcstockton

Rank III

Advocate I

Portland, OR
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
S
I must second the vote for the Frontrunner Chairs. They are the best.

I have options for tables but mostly go for the Alps Mountaineering XL Dining table.

Reactions: Road

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Ok, I'm roughly 250 lbs, 6'4" tall, just ordered a Frontrunner chair. They say they support 253 lbs so I'm hoping I'll be good thinking a good company like Frontrunner makes a good chair that can probably handle a few pounds more than their weight rating if I happen to fluctuate LOL! I really want a chair that is comfortable, sets up and packs up fast in a small package. I like Helinox but can't see spending $800 for 4 chairs for camping that my family and I will use 5-10 times a year. If the Frontrunner chairs are good I can get 4 of them for $300 or less if find them on sale.

Reactions: NV Badlands

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Well I messed up and ordered a Helinox Savanna chair when REI had their 20% off special and wow, that is the most comfortable chair that packs down small, so small it can fit behind the backseats in my truck! So now I own both a Frontrunner chair and Helinox chair and have decided I'll most likely end up getting one more of each when I can get them on sale. If money wasn't an option I would definitely just get 4 of the Helinox chairs!

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
No rocker feet yet but after REI's most recent sale I now have 2 Helinox Savanah chairs and 1 Helinox Sunset chair. All 3 of them fit behind the back seats in my truck saving me a ton of space!

Reactions: Utahrootbeer

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Where are the chairs manufactured?
Found this information below in the fact section on their website. All chairs come with a 5 year warranty.

Where are Helinox products manufactured?
We manufacture our frames in Korea and our seats and carry-cases in Vietnam.