Our Original Overland vehicles

• HTML tutorial
T

The Raven

Post up some photos of your past rigs, what got you started on this path of exploration. Here are mine from the past and present.

2005 Cooper S (Enigma) with 1" lift, oversized tires, aluminum skid and a remus rally exhaust.

2006 Jeep LJ Rubicon--Ruby. All stock except for a 1" OME lift.

The 2008 Ural Gearup, Moldy Pumpkin. 2wd, reverse no mods, just runs. :)

1981 BMW R80g/s completly restored. Too many upgrades to list.

1985 Westy Vanagon. (Rolling Stick of Butter) Biggest POS I ever owned and forever turned me against VWs of any kind. but it was fun.

1945 Willys MB military jeep..all origional. (First Born) Barnfind and was a hoot.

1997 Jeep TJ with 2,5 4l engine 5sp. (Jeep Jeep) No mods, all muscle. :) Miss that jeep. The sailboat was a 22 foot Oday. Great boat.

My BMW r1100gs covered in touratech :)

My 06 KLR650

And Finally Nemo our 1996 Landcruiser 80.

Next?

Reactions: flex

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

T

The Raven

There are several previous threads on similar topics.

Here's a thread on several members' first adventuring vehicle: https://overlandbound.com/forums/threads/what-was-your-first-vehicle-you-took-exploring.1772

And here's another on previous adventuring vehicles: https://overlandbound.com/forums/threads/post-up-the-rigs-you-had-in-the-past-pics.969

And another showing our first vehicle: https://overlandbound.com/forums/threads/first-wheels.626/
Im not good with the search feature :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Im not good with the search feature :)
Our search is not the easiest to get what you want out of it. Plus, I've been here since day one, and remember too much crap.

In this case, "First" didn't work in search, because it is too common. So I searched for FIAT with the author as me, since I knew I'd posted in them. That did the trick.

T

The Raven

Dude that Willys!
It was sweet except i could not do anything to it. It was too origional. The only thing i did was rebuild the seized engine. Found it in a barn after sitting since the 60s

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Reactions: stoney126

Rubiconcruiser

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

So Georgia
Member #

Post up some photos of your past rigs, what got you started on this path of exploration. Here are mine from the past and present.

2005 Cooper S (Enigma) with 1" lift, oversized tires, aluminum skid and a remus rally exhaust.

2006 Jeep LJ Rubicon--Ruby. All stock except for a 1" OME lift.

The 2008 Ural Gearup, Moldy Pumpkin. 2wd, reverse no mods, just runs. :)

1981 BMW R80g/s completly restored. Too many upgrades to list.

1985 Westy Vanagon. (Rolling Stick of Butter) Biggest POS I ever owned and forever turned me against VWs of any kind. but it was fun.

1945 Willys MB military jeep..all origional. (First Born) Barnfind and was a hoot.

1997 Jeep TJ with 2,5 4l engine 5sp. (Jeep Jeep) No mods, all muscle. :) Miss that jeep. The sailboat was a 22 foot Oday. Great boat.

My BMW r1100gs covered in touratech :)

My 06 KLR650

And Finally Nemo our 1996 Landcruiser 80.

Next?
Aces all photos guys, and ladies.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Dakeg218

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Charlotte, NC
Member #

Anyone remember the Bronco II? Couldn't find any pictures but bought it for $300, added a 2" lift from a Ranger, 32" (33"?) super swamper TSLs, cut the fenders and took it all over PA. Two tone blue and grey, I kinda miss it now. It was shockingly capable for as underpowered and small as it was.

Closest example I could find. Mine was not this pretty.
IMG_3512.JPG