Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

Next a call to Christo at Slee Offroad and a 100 series rear bumper was on it's way! The guys at work stayed after work to watch and help install and were blown away at the quality and ease of install of this great product.View attachment 7671
View attachment 7672

Next, not a necessary mod, but the guy that comes to our dealership to repair client's bent, or curb rashed wheels and I talked about painting mine! He also goes to Tesla to repair wheels, and it just so happens the color I decided on was Tesla Sonic Gray!

View attachment 7675
I wasn't too keen on the Slee "Blueberry" front bumper and decided on the ARB Deluxe winch bull bar, (we have a lot of deer on the roads up here).

View attachment 7673

I had a still unopened 9K Harbor Freight winch in the garage that I planned on putting on the 80 series and never did. As with the other mods, I brought it to work with me to install and I wasn't impressed with the fit and ease of install. I still installed it as it was my only choice at the time. Later that week, a friend broke his winch and knew I was looking at ARB winches and it was decided he would buy my never used HF and I would use that money and also take advantage of the nice rebate Warn was offering. I got a VR1000, and the install was so nice!

View attachment 7676

As it is an LX470 the suspension was starting to feel the weight when fully loaded for camp and didn't want to raise up from "LO" mode. I sourced a free set of take-off stock LC100 torsion bars and rear springs, and swapped those in. Now with a full load the suspension is happy although my AHC neutral pressures are very low now and the ride isn't so comfortable, (not terrible, just not factory butter) but that was to be expected.

I found out about King Springs in Australia and the special rear coils they make for AHC equipped 100's. I ordered a set and they will be here Thursday the 15th. After installing these I will be able to loosen the front torsion bars back to specified pressures and the ride should be better.

View attachment 7674
Where did you get the King spring? I am in California and the only source I can find is in Australia.

2007 LX470 w/AHC. Won’t stay lifted when fully loaded.

Mark D

Reactions: offroadkid

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

Next a call to Christo at Slee Offroad and a 100 series rear bumper was on it's way! The guys at work stayed after work to watch and help install and were blown away at the quality and ease of install of this great product.View attachment 7671
View attachment 7672

Next, not a necessary mod, but the guy that comes to our dealership to repair client's bent, or curb rashed wheels and I talked about painting mine! He also goes to Tesla to repair wheels, and it just so happens the color I decided on was Tesla Sonic Gray!

View attachment 7675
I wasn't too keen on the Slee "Blueberry" front bumper and decided on the ARB Deluxe winch bull bar, (we have a lot of deer on the roads up here).

View attachment 7673

I had a still unopened 9K Harbor Freight winch in the garage that I planned on putting on the 80 series and never did. As with the other mods, I brought it to work with me to install and I wasn't impressed with the fit and ease of install. I still installed it as it was my only choice at the time. Later that week, a friend broke his winch and knew I was looking at ARB winches and it was decided he would buy my never used HF and I would use that money and also take advantage of the nice rebate Warn was offering. I got a VR1000, and the install was so nice!

View attachment 7676

As it is an LX470 the suspension was starting to feel the weight when fully loaded for camp and didn't want to raise up from "LO" mode. I sourced a free set of take-off stock LC100 torsion bars and rear springs, and swapped those in. Now with a full load the suspension is happy although my AHC neutral pressures are very low now and the ride isn't so comfortable, (not terrible, just not factory butter) but that was to be expected.

I found out about King Springs in Australia and the special rear coils they make for AHC equipped 100's. I ordered a set and they will be here Thursday the 15th. After installing these I will be able to loosen the front torsion bars back to specified pressures and the ride should be better.

View attachment 7674
Where did you get the King spring? I am in California and the only source I can find is in Australia.

Mark D
Received my springs Thursday direct from King. Super fast delivery (ordered them on Sunday). Headed to the mechanic on Monday to have them installed then off to Baja for a four day run around San Felipe. I hope they cure my problem when I am fully loaded.

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

View attachment 7672

View attachment 7675

View attachment 7673

View attachment 7676

View attachment 7674

Mark D
Received my springs Thursday direct from King. Super fast delivery (ordered them on Sunday). Headed to the mechanic on Monday to have them installed then off to Baja for a four day run around San Felipe. I hope they cure my problem when I am fully loaded.
Pretty easy to install

Attachments