Our Gear List & How We Pack It All In

• HTML tutorial

Wanderlost

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Caledonia, Illinois
Member #

We've been meaning to put together a complete gear packing list video for a few years, finally got around to it. We thought you may enjoy watching it.
Our background, for thirty + years, before we got into vehicle based camping, was wilderness canoe tripping. Weight and bulk of all our gear was extremely important. Even though we now have what we consider an abundance of space and carrying capacity, we still pack relatively light.
Well, here it is. We hope you enjoy it.

Reactions: Brett L.

Brett L.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Long Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
LaForest
Member #

We've been meaning to put together a complete gear packing list video for a few years, finally got around to it. We thought you may enjoy watching it.
Our background, for thirty + years, before we got into vehicle based camping, was wilderness canoe tripping. Weight and bulk of all our gear was extremely important. Even though we now have what we considerer an abundance of space and carrying capacity, we still pack relatively light.
Well, here it is. We hope you enjoy it.

I didn't know you two were OB members!! Love your content!

probablytheguy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Explorer I

Oakville, St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Rion
Last Name
H
Member #

Thanks for the video but I have to ask.. How many different Crock Pot mounts have you tried and what's the biggest mess you've made while on the trail testing them?

Wanderlost

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Caledonia, Illinois
Member #

Thanks for the video but I have to ask.. How many different Crock Pot mounts have you tried and what's the biggest mess you've made while on the trail testing them?
LOL, definitely not suitable for use on a bumpy trail! First time we used it we made a huge batch of baked beans, then bounced around for a few hours. Luckily we had the forethought to put the pan underneath. There was more bean juice in the pan then the pot! Since then we learned it should only be used while traveling smooth highways, and don't fill it all the way to the top.

• Haha
Reactions: Brett L.

probablytheguy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Explorer I

Oakville, St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Rion
Last Name
H
Member #

LOL, definitely not suitable for use on a bumpy trail! First time we used it we made a huge batch of baked beans, then bounced around for a few hours. Luckily we had the forethought to put the pan underneath. There was more bean juice in the pan then the pot! Since then we learned it should only be used while traveling smooth highways, and don't fill it all the way to the top.
Awesome, that's what I figured but still saw that and was super intrigued. Thank you for sharing.