OTG 2017 - AZ Convoy

• HTML tutorial

Fuegonaz

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Arizona
Member #

Awesome! Congrats on getting a pass! I just noticed you are not an actual numbered member of OB yet, I'm not sure if that will be a problem, but you might consider just becoming a numbered member quick before heading on this adventure just to cover your bases. Membership is very affordable, starts at just a one-time emblem cost of about $25 all membership packages are listed here:
https://store.overlandbound.com/collections/frontpage

You very likely won't receive your emblem before the rally, but if I recall you should at least get your club member number assigned the same day you officially join.
Funny you said that brien. I also paid for my OB membership last night. They're probably crazy busy, so I'm not sure about getting a OB# right away. I did send a email to OB about all this just in case.

Reactions: brien

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Funny you said that brien. I also paid for my OB membership last night. They're probably crazy busy, so I'm not sure about getting a OB# right away. I did send a email to OB about all this just in case.
Great news! Let me be the first to say "Welcome!"

Reactions: Fuegonaz

MrsFantastico

Rank V
Staff member
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

This is the last thing that we want to do right now. It's killing me but we are going to have to put up our driver & passenger tickets up for sale. There have been some unforeseen circumstances that are making it difficult to attend. It deeply is paining to not make it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using OB Talk mobile app

Fuegonaz

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Arizona
Member #

First I'm sorry, that is hard! Second WTF!?
Who is sill in the Az convoy, were still going and up to continue the adventure! If the Az convoy still want to continue the same path, sound off please.

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that @amandashelbywho! Thank you for coordinating this convoy and all the hard work that went into it, I'm so bummed you can't make it!

I'll still be heading up for the convoy as planned. See you all on Thursday at 11:00am

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
I'll have the route mapped out as well, so we should be able to follow along with Amands's original plan just fine

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
I've gone through the thread again and built the list of who is still signed up for the convoy, is this everybody? If you are no longer joining the convoy, or I have missed you in this list, please sound off below so we know to wait for you up in Flagstaff

Brien @brien (me)
David @Gunner
Jeff @Jeff Graham
Joaquin and Monica @Fuegonaz aka JTorres
David @David Jones

Once again the initial rally location is:

11am Thursday Sept 28th (tomorrow)

Ash Fork Route 66 Museum
901 Old Route 66
Ash Fork, AZ 86320
https://goo.gl/maps/spaYuxZM7f92

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Here's the GPS tracks and waypoints I have incase any body else wants them. From this link (on a computer, at least) you can click the three vertical dots in the Header in the upper left to export to KML, that you can import into your navigation software of choice. All the routes are on normal roads, so simply using something like Google Maps to route should also take you the exact same way.

See you tomorrow at 11am!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yvjFJ0hwpfkZ1AKaWBN_oc2GEHM&usp=sharing

Fuegonaz

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Arizona
Member #

Hey did anyone go on this trail before?
Ok, I know its last minute. I was watching the OTG video and Corrie and Michael talk about the trail being "rutted out"! So wondering on how rutted? How technical the trail is? How high of clearance do we need. I have a JK that would be no problem but would like to take my Ford Excursion with a 2inch lift 4wd that hold a lot more gear???? I've taken both out and both capable just wondering who's been up there lately?

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
I haven't been up there, but in that video they also made it sound like any 4wd vehicle with decent clearance should make it. Here's what the "Guide to California Backroads and 4WD Trails" has to say about it:

"Rating: Difficult: Most of the trail is easy to moderate, but difficult sections have large rocks and ledges. Aggressive stock vehicles might make it through with an experienced driver."

Fuegonaz

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Arizona
Member #

I haven't been up there, but in that video they also made it sound like any 4wd vehicle with decent clearance should make it. Here's what the "Guide to California Backroads and 4WD Trails" has to say about it:

"Rating: Difficult: Most of the trail is easy to moderate, but difficult sections have large rocks and ledges. Aggressive stock vehicles might make it through with an experienced driver."
Thanks, I'll take the jeep just in case.

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
I've gone through the thread again and built the list of who is still signed up for the convoy, is this everybody? If you are no longer joining the convoy, or I have missed you in this list, please sound off below so we know to wait for you up in Flagstaff

Brien @brien (me)
David @Gunner
Jeff @Jeff Graham
Joaquin and Monica @Fuegonaz aka JTorres
David @David Jones

Once again the initial rally location is:

11am Thursday Sept 28th (tomorrow)

Ash Fork Route 66 Museum
901 Old Route 66
Ash Fork, AZ 86320
https://goo.gl/maps/spaYuxZM7f92
I decided to use this as an opertunity to do some additional Overlanding. I'm already in California, just a couple hours from the event. Sorry for the late notice. I have been off grid for The last couple weeks.