Launch Member

Traveler III

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

Hey guys! I'll be organizing the AZ convoy to Shaver Lake this year. #1248 with my fiance' @Meta6981. This will be our second year at OTG and we are super excited to be coming from our new home in Prescott Valley, AZ.

I would love to coordinate this thread with TX and NM so we can merge to become one mega convoy to arrive at Shaver Lake. I'll be in contact with @Corrie and her support team to get arrival times so we don't get there with every other rig/convoy.

If you want to join up, please post your handle, name, member #, make/model of your rig, and phone number if I have to get a hold of you for some reason.

I'll keep everyone posted for details on meetup points, stops or fuel ups/supplies and timing.

If you have any suggestions or ideas please let me know.

Here are some people who I know want to join. @YPD1 @MauiCountyJr @brien @jeffgraham - if you know of more people tag em!

Thanks & I'll see ya on the road!

Amanda - 1248

Sent from my Pixel XL using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Fuegonaz

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Count me in for sure! I'll be starting from Tucson, so I can join up in the Quad-Cities area or Phoenix area or wherever depending on which way we end up taking.
I'd also be interested in taking more backroads than highways, but am fine with whatever the group decides.

My info:

Handle: brien
Name: Brien Wankel
OB#: 3553
Vehicle: 2016 JKU Rubicon
Cell: 650-210-6436
Comms: Ham, GMRS, CB

If you want to join up, please post your handle, name, member #, make/model of your rig, and phone number if I have to get a hold of you for some reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrsFantastico

MrsFantastico

Rank V
Staff member
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

Please to be part of this. My information is "MauiCountyJr" Monty Sauser OB # 1758 Jeep JKU 2016 Moab industries with a Moby1 trailer XTR 424-208-9773 CB ch 16 GMRS ch 16 I'm from Indio CA

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Love that trailer man!! We are in the market for one. I'll have to check that out when we meet up. Also, is your handle an homage to Brisco County Jr?

MrsFantastico

Rank V
Staff member
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

Count me in for sure! I'll be starting from Tucson, so I can join up in the Quad-Cities area or Phoenix area or wherever depending on which way we end up taking.
I'd also be interested in taking more backroads than highways, but am fine with whatever the group decides.

My info:

Handle: brien
Name: Brien Wankel
OB#: 3553
Vehicle: 2016 JKU Rubicon
Cell: 650-210-6436
Comms: Ham, GMRS, CB

You're counted in. I'll keep you posted on the starting point

Gunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Avondale, Arizona
Member #

Please to be part of this. My information is "MauiCountyJr" Monty Sauser OB # 1758 Jeep JKU 2016 Moab industries with a Moby1 trailer XTR 424-208-9773 CB ch 16 GMRS ch 16 I'm from Indio CA

Love the Moby1. Was at their building facility last month for an extended walk-around. Absolute quality in every regard. I think they set the gold-standard for these off-road teardrops. I see that you have a motorcycles loaded on the rear of the trailer and nothing shows strength and quality as much as putting that much additional weight on the rear end. Just a beautiful rig Jeep and Moby1.

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Thanks for doing this Amanda.

Handle: Jeff Graham
Name: Jeff Graham
OB#: 5888
Vehicle: 2013 JKU
Cell: (949) 698-3653
Comms: FRS/GMRS, CB, (Ham once I take the test in September).

MrsFantastico

Rank V
Staff member
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

Thanks, will give you a tour and inform you on the pros and cons of a Moby1 XTR. Yes not many people get the MauiCountyJr that was taken from Brisco County Jr [emoji4]

Awesome! Greatest show ever. My cats named Socrates after Mr. Pool [emoji16]

MrsFantastico

Rank V
Staff member
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

Thanks for doing this Amanda.

Handle: Jeff Graham
Name: Jeff Graham
OB#: 5888
Vehicle: 2013 JKU
Cell: (949) 698-3653
Comms: FRS/GMRS, CB, (Ham once I take the test in September).
Not a problem Jeff. I got you in. Thanks for the info!
It's a great trailer but that's not a motorcycle on the back. It's a carbon fiber Fatbike Weighing under 20 pounds [emoji4]

Fuegonaz

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Arizona
Member #

Thanks, any new updates?

Handle: Jtorres
Name: Joaquin and Monica Torres
Vehicles: Jeep JKU 2014 Moab industries and Ford Excursion
Phone: 623-986-3306 fuegonaz@gmail.com
Comms: HAM, GMRS, getting cb

MrsFantastico

Rank V
Staff member
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

Thanks, any new updates?

Handle: Jtorres
Name: Joaquin and Monica Torres
Vehicles: Jeep JKU 2014 Moab industries and Ford Excursion
Phone: 623-986-3306 fuegonaz@gmail.com
Comms: HAM, GMRS, getting cb
Thanks for your info. I'll be sending out an update soon!

Reactions: Fuegonaz

MrsFantastico

Rank V
Staff member
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

Thanks for your patience guys! I'm knee deep in maps at the moment and getting this down. Anyone opposed to staying Thursday night in the Mojave? It's about our halfway point and if we do join with NM & TX, then they may need a nap too.

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
A night in Mojave sounds fun. Should work for me.

also ccing @David Jones who will likely join the convoy

David Jones

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Clearwater, florida
Member #

this is David Jones: and I would like to join the carivan to Bald Mt. Member #5326, Nissan Truck, phone # 727-859-6125, Handle is Gypsy D. Please keep me posted. I am new to all this so ..... I may need a little help with this site.......any other information you need? What date do you think you'll be begining the journey? I am in Safford, AZ.

MrsFantastico

Rank V
Staff member
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

Update!!!

We will be starting the trailing on Thursday near the Quad cities area. Due to the distance we need to cover, we are taking mostly interstates and highways. However, running some side roads like Route 66 and such sounds fun, and I'm incorporating some stints that won't extend our time on the road too much.

We just drove through the Mojave this weekend, and there are some pretty awesome places out here to camp for the night. Maybe near California City or Newberry Springs? Just depends on the type of terrain and how far out we would like to go. Any suggestions on a spot?

We can arrive anytime on Friday, Corrie gave us the all clear, we won't bottleneck arrivals or anything. I think the earlier the better though, we need to get our camps set up there.

I can't get a hold of anyone from the NM and TX convoys to meet up, so I'll just throw the route up here and a link on the OTG thread for them if they want to converge.

Once I'm out of the car I'll post the route and we will incorporate the camp site.

Thanks y'all!

Borderline Homeless

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Longmont, Colorado
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Hanff
Member #

Shaver is the best. My family has a reunion there every year in August. Haven't been since i moved family to Colorado. All the best to everyone that goes. Place is one of my favorite places on earth!

when chased by a bear, just have a fat friend with you! you'll be alright