Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vernon, BC
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Buell
Member #

Just finished working a deal and placing my order for my new Firecracker Red Rubicon 4 JLU. I am so excited to finally have done it. Was a pretty good experience. Of course I think my JKU is worth more than they are offering, but I will see if I can sell it privately between now and when the new JLU comes in.

Essentially I chose every option with the exception of the smokers group. Went with the body colored top and fenders. Totally loaded.
My son works for Dodge/Jeep as a mechanic at a different dealership so I was going to get his employee pricing. I started out by saying that I want the best price - if the employee pricing is the best, awesome - but I know of at least 3 people in British Columbia that have gotten $500 over invoice. The sales guy said that the employee pricing would be the best. I didn’t mention that I had a price from my son’s dealership that was actually about $1500-1700 over invoice - so I know it can be better.

Anyhow, the sales manager came back - I assume the sales guy said something to him - and I have $300 over invoice. Best part was that they actually gave me their copy showing MRSP and invoice (which I had already from our great forums) and he showed my the pricing that I had worked out on my own +$300. I’m pretty happy with this!! Actually, I am ecstatic!!!

Now the waiting begins - but I should be driving it by May long weekend (when all the snow and gravel is off the highways).

This is what it will look like - but I stuck with the standard rims, not these ones.
View attachment 1144

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Phil Preston

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Shelbyville, KY USA
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Preston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4LET
Service Branch
First Responder
Congratulations, I’m so jealous of you and of all the people who have them already. I can’t wait to be able to order mine, but waiting on diesel. I have my dealer on it, and as soon as they have the option for diesel rubicon in the system they going to order for me.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Wymore adventure

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Norco, CA, USA
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Wymore
Member #

Congratulations, I’m so jealous of you and of all the people who have them already. I can’t wait to be able to order mine, but waiting on diesel. I have my dealer on it, and as soon as they have the option for diesel rubicon in the system they going to order for me.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
I've been working on this little guy for a few weeks!
20180216_172955.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using OB Talk mobile app

Alain

Rank I

Contributor III

I can't wait until I order mine as soon as I finish my least on my tiguan 19 more months to go by that time the Diesel will be available on the new JLU rubicon

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
CONGRATUALATIONS!!!! They are awesome

T.Shack

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Red Bluff Ca.
Member #

Just finished working a deal and placing my order for my new Firecracker Red Rubicon 4 JLU. I am so excited to finally have done it. Was a pretty good experience. Of course I think my JKU is worth more than they are offering, but I will see if I can sell it privately between now and when the new JLU comes in.

Essentially I chose every option with the exception of the smokers group. Went with the body colored top and fenders. Totally loaded.
My son works for Dodge/Jeep as a mechanic at a different dealership so I was going to get his employee pricing. I started out by saying that I want the best price - if the employee pricing is the best, awesome - but I know of at least 3 people in British Columbia that have gotten $500 over invoice. The sales guy said that the employee pricing would be the best. I didn’t mention that I had a price from my son’s dealership that was actually about $1500-1700 over invoice - so I know it can be better.

Anyhow, the sales manager came back - I assume the sales guy said something to him - and I have $300 over invoice. Best part was that they actually gave me their copy showing MRSP and invoice (which I had already from our great forums) and he showed my the pricing that I had worked out on my own +$300. I’m pretty happy with this!! Actually, I am ecstatic!!!

Now the waiting begins - but I should be driving it by May long weekend (when all the snow and gravel is off the highways).

This is what it will look like - but I stuck with the standard rims, not these ones.
View attachment 1144

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Whoe congrats on getting such a great deal! It will be a great looking rig!

FN2199S

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RGR
Following. Also entering this community with a 2018 JLUR. First upgrade was a winch on the OEM steel bumper. Wheels, 35" KO2s, 1.5" lift next week.

Reactions: gabe