Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Annapolis, MD, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hirnickel
Member #

What's up guys I'll be traveling down to Asheville North Carolina in a week and taking the blue ridge parkway. So I'm looking for spots in the southwest region of Virginia came across Fancy Gap cabins/campground. If anyone's had a stayed there before or knows of other spots open around the area. Just looking for a night to camp out till we have our spot in Asheville!

Thanks!
Steve

Scubanickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Annapolis, MD, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hirnickel
Member #

What's up guys I'll be traveling down to Asheville North Carolina in a week and taking the blue ridge parkway. So I'm looking for spots in the southwest region of Virginia came across Fancy Gap cabins/campground. If anyone's had a stayed there before or knows of other spots open around the area. Just looking for a night to camp out till we have our spot in Asheville!

Thanks!
Steve

Jeff B

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Putnam County, New York, USA
Member #

Since it's a National byway and many National Forests are nearby, there maybe options with those. This Camping - Blue Ridge Parkway and recreation.gov might be of use. It depends on how much of a campground you are looking for. I have traveled through that area before, but have not stayed in that area. Also of note. Look at the map here for road closures because you may have to detour because of closed parts. Parkway Road Conditions - Blue Ridge Parkway There is a real time closures section on it, which may be due to weather conditions.

DrivingTacoLoco

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

National parks all along the blue ridge parkway with free off grid parking. When in Asheville look for more. Pisgah, Gorges etc. Right now a group of OBers are in a state park just over the line in SC a short ride to Asheville for offroading this weekend. Great time of year. Chilly but the leafs are changing so it's beautiful.

Reactions: Scubanickel

Scubanickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Annapolis, MD, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hirnickel
Member #

Thanks for the links guys! Not picky at all on the site since we're only staying one night:) Yeah my wife and I were looking at alot spots but notice alot closed Oct 27 and got nervous lol