Opinions plz :)

• HTML tutorial

Aaron Mills

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Hermitage, Pa
Member #

Hey i just wanted some ideas for storage for my 1st gen 4runner. i have some ideas but idk yet. i don't want to just go out and buy one. i want it to be different but still functional. if any of you guys have anything or would just like to share your setup let me know. and if i should keep the rear seats or remove them. This was my first and only setup. i'd like to keep the bed behind the driver seat. let me know
thanks guys :)

26.jpg

Anders0nic

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member
Supporter

Pathfinder I

Benicia, CA
First Name
Anderson
Last Name
Carlisle
Member #

Are you thinking bed boxes? Drawer slides? what gear is going in there? Do you need to integrate electrical accessories? I have mapped out my plans for storage and then drawn out my designs a few times now. I keep rearranging things and its not even built yet...

15Canyon

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Edmonton
Member #

I think bed drawers underneath the mattress could be cool and functional, something like this rig from Bone Tactical.
Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 3.17.43 PM.png

It really depends on what you want to have in there, in my rig I've got recovery gear/cooking gear on one side of the back of the bed, then on the other side I've got a toolbox plus axe and shovel.

Teague

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fairview, TN
Member #

I really like that drawer system, I wish someone would make one that didn't cost an arm and a leg.

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

I'm very happy with my Front Runner setup but wish I hadn't been so lazy and built my own so I could keep enough space to sleep in the truck. There are so many examples out there of good options for you though. You could build a nice stacking drawer system on the right and keep not only your rear seat but also the sleeping area. Might help to engage the help of a carpenter or builder friend if you're not confident in your skills. I had a friend fab a platform for me after I took my back seats out. Glad I did that, I would have ruined everything haha.