Opinions please

• HTML tutorial

H3Skee

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Virginia
Member #

To start, everybody knows that each vehicle has its own distinct feature. That distinct feature on the hummer has typically been the louver handles. For some reason, GM decided not to put them on the H3. So I did some searching around & found a budget DIY solution but I'm having mixed emotions & would like some opinions please...good, bad, indifferent. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

grumpy

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Miami
Member #

To start, everybody knows that each vehicle has its own distinct feature. That distinct feature on the hummer has typically been the louver handles. For some reason, GM decided not to put them on the H3. So I did some searching around & found a budget DIY solution but I'm having mixed emotions & would like some opinions please...good, bad, indifferent. Thanks in advance.

I like it without...

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

I put functional ones on my H3 but they were more for "cosmetics" than anything. The solid louvre unit with handles have a more "factory" look but they are still not functional and it is only offered in chrome so you would have to paint it. Here's what mine looked like.

Reactions: ASNOBODY and H3Skee

Lindenwood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

New Mexico
First Name
Jay
Last Name
M
Member #

*shrug*

I think it looks neat! Id love to spend nothinf but big bucks on major upgrades, but sometimes you gotta tweak the little things as time and / or money allow, just to get some tinker-time in. Like Id say with any cosmetic mod, if looking at your rig in the driveway makes you just a little more excited with that done, keep it! Who cares what a handful of nerds on the internet say ;) .

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

I put functional ones on my H3 but they were more for "cosmetics" than anything. The solid louvre unit with handles have a more "factory" look but they are still not functional and it is only offered in chrome so you would have to paint it. Here's what mine looked like.
Those look better! They're thinner and don't have the ridges in the middle. Hmm, now that I see the differences, the ones in the OP look like a hand grip and the scale is off. That's why they didn't look right to me. I would go with the above option for sure.

Reactions: H3Skee

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
I may be wrong here, but the handles serve a purpose to aid in opening the hood on the H1 and H2, right? The H3 opens the normal way from the grille and tilts towards the windshield.. I like without.

H3Skee

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Virginia
Member #

I may be wrong here, but the handles serve a purpose to aid in opening the hood on the H1 and H2, right? The H3 opens the normal way from the grille and tilts towards the windshield.. I like without.
Correct, they purely be cosmetic

Amansh

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Walker louisiana
Member #

Think of the rare washing experiences though. Foot on the tire and hand on the handle. No more slipping on a slick hood trying to clean the windshield. Heck somthing can always be functional even if it's just to make a job easier lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using OB Talk mobile app
.02 I like the handles

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using OB Talk mobile app