Launch Member

Member I

Milledgeville Georgia
First Name
Graham
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Hey guys i have a 2019 Toyota tacoma and have been debating getting a decked system. Is any body running one i have a roll and lock bed cover and i dont like how much of the bed it takes up. I also am looking for something to be water tight my bed cover lets in to much water and gets my gear very wet. Any suggestions are would be awesome.

Salty4Life

Rank V

Pathfinder III

Loxahatchee, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Larsen
Member #

I had a Roll ‘n Lock in my old truck, now I have a Decked system in my new truck. The rollin lock was the best I could do because at the time I need to haul a gooseneck horse trailer. It leaked and eventually didn’t stay all the way closed and locked. It would come partially open if I hit a speed bump. Plus everything was still sliding around in the bed

Decked is hands down the winner. It has kept all my gear organized, dry, and secured. With the core trax add on you can have moveable tie down points which is super handy. I also made a max trax mount out of two carriage bolts and wing nuts the slide into the core trax system. I use the passenger drawer for all of my tools snatch strap, shovel, jacks and jack stands, extension cords ext.
The drive side draw get loaded you for whatever I’m doing. If I’m camping I can put a gazelle T3 tent, all my chairs, and a D box loaded with odds and ends. If I’m working I keep stuff the I don’t want to store in the boat but still have nearby. I use the ammo boxes for ratchet straps, tow straps, bungee cords, and stuff that can get wet. Decked says the ammo boxes aren’t waterproof but I really don’t get water in there. The only time I’ve ever gotten water in my drawers was when I opened the tool draw in the rain to fix a buddy trailer.

C02F821D-1BFD-465C-9C36-73B7CB864E60.jpeg

895171F1-4999-4416-9F70-299DE613D892.jpeg

Stoked

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Celina, Tx
Member #

I've really contemplated doing one, and using it as a sleeping platform with a bed cap. If you are patient, you'll come across a used one every now and then, usually at a substantial savings. There's also a competitor on the market, although I can't recall the name...might be a little cheaper from them.

Lost taco

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Milledgeville Georgia
First Name
Graham
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

I had a Roll ‘n Lock in my old truck, now I have a Decked system in my new truck. The rollin lock was the best I could do because at the time I need to haul a gooseneck horse trailer. It leaked and eventually didn’t stay all the way closed and locked. It would come partially open if I hit a speed bump. Plus everything was still sliding around in the bed

Decked is hands down the winner. It has kept all my gear organized, dry, and secured. With the core trax add on you can have moveable tie down points which is super handy. I also made a max trax mount out of two carriage bolts and wing nuts the slide into the core trax system. I use the passenger drawer for all of my tools snatch strap, shovel, jacks and jack stands, extension cords ext.
The drive side draw get loaded you for whatever I’m doing. If I’m camping I can put a gazelle T3 tent, all my chairs, and a D box loaded with odds and ends. If I’m working I keep stuff the I don’t want to store in the boat but still have nearby. I use the ammo boxes for ratchet straps, tow straps, bungee cords, and stuff that can get wet. Decked says the ammo boxes aren’t waterproof but I really don’t get water in there. The only time I’ve ever gotten water in my drawers was when I opened the tool draw in the rain to fix a buddy trailer.

View attachment 121806

View attachment 121805
Thanks salty my roll and lock is already doing that. Is it pretty water tight? my only concern is when I kill a deer I would not want the blood getting into the drawers.

Salty4Life

Rank V

Pathfinder III

Loxahatchee, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Larsen
Member #

Thanks salty my roll and lock is already doing that. Is it pretty water tight? my only concern is when I kill a deer I would not want the blood getting into the drawers.
As long as you don’t leave the drawer open, you will be fine. I’ve had mine since January and never got water in the drawers from rain, or washing with a hose. You might get a little bit in the ammo boxes, but drill a drain hole in them before installing in the bed and you can just hose them out.

Reactions: Lost taco

DoubleA_FL

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Florida, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
DoubleA
Member #

I've really contemplated doing one, and using it as a sleeping platform with a bed cap. If you are patient, you'll come across a used one every now and then, usually at a substantial savings. There's also a competitor on the market, although I can't recall the name...might be a little cheaper from them.
The only competitor I know makes Decked look like the cheap affordable one (Truckvault), hahaha. Last I priced the truckvault it was like $5,000. BUT, they are in a different class, IMO. Truckvaults are absolutely waterproof, and can run the full 8' of my bed, which last time I talked with Decked, they don't offer an 8' model because their drawers aren't strong enough to open that far (their words). Now, they might have come out with an 8' model since then, last I talked to them was a while ago.

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
The system from DECKED on Amazon is 1200+/-, has good reviews from buyers. I'm thinking about it to use with my softopper.

Stoked

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Celina, Tx
Member #

The only competitor I know makes Decked look like the cheap affordable one (Truckvault), hahaha. Last I priced the truckvault it was like $5,000. BUT, they are in a different class, IMO. Truckvaults are absolutely waterproof, and can run the full 8' of my bed, which last time I talked with Decked, they don't offer an 8' model because their drawers aren't strong enough to open that far (their words). Now, they might have come out with an 8' model since then, last I talked to them was a while ago.
That's the one I was thinking of, but I had no idea it was that expensive!

Mr. Nelson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Inwood, Iowa, United States
First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZZK
I just installed the Decked system in my '19 Colorado this week and so far thoroughly enjoy it. The midsized trucks ammo boxes are waterproof, but not the full sized, due to design. My only qualm is miunting points at this time, which will be a simple fix, overall though, great fix and finish. Quality product.20191019_183844.jpeg20191019_183854.jpeg

Salty4Life

Rank V

Pathfinder III

Loxahatchee, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Larsen
Member #

I just installed the Decked system in my '19 Colorado this week and so far thoroughly enjoy it. The midsized trucks ammo boxes are waterproof, but not the full sized, due to design. My only qualm is miunting points at this time, which will be a simple fix, overall though, great fix and finish. Quality product.
get the core trax upgrade. You will have tie downs for days.

Reactions: Lost taco

Poniard

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Apple Valley, Utah, United States
First Name
Lawrence
Last Name
Abbott
Member #

I installed the Decked system on my truck recently and love it. I like having the secured storage and open bed since I decided not to put a cap on this truck. I store recovery gear and tools in the smaller drawer and use the other drawer to store gear based on the activity. The bed is shallow so everything gets tied down using the truck bed tie downs. 59141369206__C8FC8C9E-65A7-4242-9EB1-CF0F1F4CBCB0.JPG

Motoboss

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Martinsville, Indiana, USA
Member #

I want to put a topper on my F150 6.6ft bed and a Decked system. My only question is, is there enough room in the drawers to replace my XL Weatherguard toolbox? Are both drawers the same size? Anyone know the cubic footage of the drawers?

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Well. I was one of the first people to put a decked system on their truck many many years ago. They reached out to me to test it. After all these years it's still on my truck.

That being said. I don't love it or hate it. I think there is a ton of wasted space, the drawers don't come out 100% so the gear in the back is hard to get to, and if you dont have the decked boxes all your gear goes everywhere when doing trail riding. It's also really tall so you have to be careful what you put on top and make sure it's tied down so it doesn't go flying off.

The pros are that it's water tight, you can still put 2klbs on top of it and it can be used as a sleeping platform. Also for what you get it's pretty inexpensive. 20161008_180103.jpeg

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
I installed the Decked system last week, I was able to put all the gear I had in two large Plano totes and two swingout tool boxes in the drawers. The major benefit to me is how easy it is to access any of the gear I may want. No more unstrapping totes from the front of the bed, got rid of six paddle locks and two keys.

Reactions: Motoboss

Poniard

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Lawrence
Last Name
Abbott
Member #

i absolutely LOVE that set up...talk about versatile. What rack is that? Looks like it would be perfect for kayaks and mounts on the side for gas cans, tools, etc
It’s a Leitner Designs ACS. Lots of bolt on options for gas, recovery gear, lock boxes, etc. A fishing kayak goes on top of this.

Reactions: grubworm

Poniard

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Lawrence
Last Name
Abbott
Member #

How easy is it to remove a Decked unit if there was a need to utilize the entire deep truck bed?
It takes about 30 min to remove and an hour to put back. A bit of a hassle. Having an assistant ( my 13 yr old son) helps until he gets distracted and forgot where he put a couple of bolts. Haha.

Reactions: madcratebuilder