Launch Member

Contributor I

California, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Dela Pena
Member #

does anyone know if they opened up any trails. Specifically corral hollow and leavitt lake?

Overmodified

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Star, Idaho, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Spencer
Member #

After reviewing all of the latest Calaveras district closure orders on the forest service website, it appears the only trail still closed under the seasonal closure extension is Slick Rock Trail. I also found that Esprit de fours 4wd club is planning to be doing a trail opening work day on Corral Hollow this Friday, so it should be open this weekend. I'm planning on going up mid morning on Saturday to check it out.

Reactions: Oiflip

Oiflip

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

California, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Dela Pena
Member #

After reviewing all of the latest Calaveras district closure orders on the forest service website, it appears the only trail still closed under the seasonal closure extension is Slick Rock Trail. I also found that Esprit de fours 4wd club is planning to be doing a trail opening work day on Corral Hollow this Friday, so it should be open this weekend. I'm planning on going up mid morning on Saturday to check it out.
Thank you for the response!

Christopher Hersey

Rank VI
Launch Member

Builder I

Roseville, CA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Hersey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6GTB
Not sure if you ever got an answer about Leavitt Lake but I’m headed there this weekend and can report back Sunday night.

Christopher Hersey

Rank VI
Launch Member

Builder I

Roseville, CA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Hersey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6GTB
How's Leavitt? Is it open? What's the road like?
It was great. Yes, the road was open and it was fairly busy. Lots of places to camp. The road was rough in some spots but overall not too bad. Quite a few Subarus made it up past the second stream crossing.

Here’s a shot of the worst part:
8305CE1C-6580-4109-ABAE-6E09A45F67C4.jpeg

Reactions: matttrent