Open areas of Mendocino National Forest?

• HTML tutorial

hanahou7

Rank 0

Contributor I

SF Bay Area
First Name
Terence
Last Name
Bantilan
Hey Guys,

New member here and first post. I'm trying to plan a weekend trip for the wife, dogs and me to Mendocino National Forest the first weekend of April. We plan to head up from the SF Bay Area around 12pm on a Friday. I haven't been up there in a few years and was wondering if anyone had any information/ a current list of areas that are currently open for use. I heard some areas are closed due to the recent fires we had, so any information would be really appreciated!

Also, if you have any suggestions for spots to go/ check out in the Mendocino National Forest, I would definitely like to hear them.

Thanks!

CTO1Mike

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler II

Yuba City, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC5DWF
Service Branch
Navy
A few months back I helped with the Stonyford OHV area trail cleanup. Check with the Forestry Service details, but Stonyford may be open now.
Nice area, I enjoyed the cleanup weekend.

Reactions: hanahou7

hanahou7

Rank 0

Contributor I

SF Bay Area
First Name
Terence
Last Name
Bantilan
A few months back I helped with the Stonyford OHV area trail cleanup. Check with the Forestry Service details, but Stonyford may be open now.
Nice area, I enjoyed the cleanup weekend.
Thank you for the response! I really appreciate it and was actually doing research on the trip just this very moment. I will take a look and see what areas are open, thank you!