Launch Member

Enthusiast I

West Hills,CA
First Name
Alvin
Last Name
Castillo
Member #

I represent most of you out there that doesn’t have the luxury of time to do long trips. Would really appreciate if someone from socal can share a weekend trip(one night) you’ve done. Sometimes that’s the only chance most of us have for the most part. I think this would be helpful for a lot us out there wanting to explore more frequently. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Raul B

Barclay

Local Expert Southern CA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Los Angeles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6BDO
I represent most of you out there that doesn’t have the luxury of time to do long trips. Would really appreciate if someone from socal can share a weekend trip(one night) you’ve done. Sometimes that’s the only chance most of us have for the most part. I think this would be helpful for a lot us out there wanting to explore more frequently. Thanks.

Are you looking for a general collection of trips (I like the idea of a repository of 1-2d getaways), or something specific for you?

You could do Sheep Canyon, Culp Valley, or Fish Creek out in Anza. Or Hungry Valley or the Miller Jeep Trail just N of LA. Also, Bee Canyon/Jacinto Ridge with camping near Idyllwild. From LA, you can also make it up to Red Rocks, Jawbone, or Trona Pinnacles in a few hours, even up to Alabama Hills, Cactus Flats, or Mengel Pass into Death Valley. Also, Keyesville near Lake Isabella.

Some parameters might help narrow it down. Climate, terrain, distance, starting point, technical ability, primitive-ness, etc., Unless you're looking to generate a catalogue, which I'd find useful as well when a weekend opens up last minute.

-B

Dirtrider1974

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Santa Clarita CA
Member #

I have done a lot of riding in the area going north from LA up the 14 and 395. Great places out here. Also Carrizo Plains in the central valley is cool.

Definitely tons of space out here.

Dirtrider1974
VNDSCOVRLND
MEMBER 1952

DividedSky

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

USA
Member #

I second the idea of hitting up Fish Creek/Split Mountain in Anza Borrego.

Adventure Bully Rig

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Running Springs, CA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Benjamin
Member #

I'm about 3 hours or so from you... if you would like to do a bit of driving, there are Yellow Post sites all over Big Bear. Total drive time would be in the 4-5 hour range 1 way and they are first come, first serve.
There is always Joshua Tree BLM if you can make it a weekend.