Onboard Water

• HTML tutorial

Funmobile

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Yuba City
Member #

Hello, in the process of adding onboard water storage to my rig and wondered how many others have done the same. If you have, can you post some pics, as well as the volume you are carrying?

I am adding 16 gallons and should have it mounted up in a couple weeks.

Safe Travels!

Baipin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

I have an internal 5.5 gallon tank that'll last me about 5 days before needing a refill.

Water runs from the tank to a Camco TastePure, which helps remove particulate matter. It is suctioned through the pump, and pushed through a UV water filter, up to my sink:

I also have a spray nozzle attached at a T in the tubing (I used PVC tubing for all of my lines, the flexibility is nice for a lot of reasons, especially if ice starts to build up in them or you need to cut out a hole and make a splice in the field.

I can also draw water up through a garden hose, attached near my pump, and fill extra jerry cans. I've only done it once, along a little stream, but the water filtration seemed to of worked. No one got sick! :)

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

Hello, in the process of adding onboard water storage to my rig and wondered how many others have done the same. If you have, can you post some pics, as well as the volume you are carrying?

Safe Travels!
I still haven't added water storage or my pressure pump but I do have my diy tube over tube heat exchanger in and plumbed.

I'm curious to see others ideas on water storage... following. 20160108_144129.jpg

Reactions: Baipin

Lee Johnson

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Kelowna, Regional District of Central Okanagan, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7LEJ
This was my solution. Frontrunner 41L tank that is only 3” wide. Sits directly behind the rear seat and is sandwiched by my drawer system. I run a pressure actuated 12V RV pump that gives us running water to the back of the rig. Works great!

Attachments

James Deaton

Rank V

Pathfinder I

I prefer simple. We have two Road Showers (4S), and we take bottled water in the cooler, and I have a Sawyer Filter to screw onto a water bottle for neverending water supply at a spring, creek, river, or lake.

I really love using the Sawyer around camp or when wandering on a light hike.

The Road Shower is great for quick rinse/washes at the end of the day.

James

Ob1

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Palo Alto, CA, USA
First Name
Ofer
Last Name
Bruhis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD6UKE

Safe Travels!
Hey mate,

I added 9+9 gallons of water (cold & hot) under the car. Circulating pump with a heat exchange with the engine using a thermostat. Sink and hot shower for 4 people. Wrote a blog about the build.