Onboard fridge freezer dilemma

• HTML tutorial

Boomer82

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma
Ok so I’ve ran into a little problem with my build...

My plan was to put a diamondback locking cover over my bed and mount the bed rack to it. Problem is, my 04 Tacoma bed is only 16 inches tall which means I can’t fit most fridge/freezers with the cover on, especially mounted to a slider rack.

Anyone run into this issue already? How much height does the slider mount typically add?

Trying to decide if spacers around the bed walls would work and how tall I’d have to make them. Thanks guys!

XTrekker

Rank 0

Contributor I

Similar situation here. 2015 Tundra crewmax. I measured from bed to tonneau cover about 20.5 inches. Need an inch or 2 for slicer base so I need to find a fridge <19 inches. Hoping there are some good recommendations here.

Tres

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Canton, TX, USA
First Name
Tres
Last Name
Sisson
Member #

Ok so I’ve ran into a little problem with my build...

My plan was to put a diamondback locking cover over my bed and mount the bed rack to it. Problem is, my 04 Tacoma bed is only 16 inches tall which means I can’t fit most fridge/freezers with the cover on, especially mounted to a slider rack.

Anyone run into this issue already? How much height does the slider mount typically add?

Trying to decide if spacers around the bed walls would work and how tall I’d have to make them. Thanks guys!
I am literally fighting the same thing right now. I have a Smittybilt fridge that is 20" tall and that kills a lot of space in the back of my bronco. Can't get it mounted on top of drawers because it is too tall. As others mentioned, Dometic and I believe Engle have some shorter fridges.

Attachments

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Not so complicated, I build a fridge slide with box and I'm 18" high, without the box and the rails on the side and not under the fridge I'm easily under 16“ just look for a different style of the fridge. Mine is pretty small, it's a Primetech 28L fridge.

Boomer82

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma
Yeah, prob is, I got a hell of a deal on a dometic CFX95dz which is 18.5 inch tall, plus the slider. Small fridge won’t really work for us anyway. I think I’m just gonna have a custom camper shell made and call it good.

Reactions: MazeVX