Advocate III

First Name
Scott
Last Name
Bastian
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1TRL
I have a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JK 2 door with 35" tires. I have electric lockers, so, don't need air for lockers. I find that I don't have a lot of room in the back of the jeep when we go on the road. Would anyone recommend a dual ARB or single ARB solution mounted in the engine compartment?

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
I have heard the single is fine. At least what I have read on a few other forums. Of course the more capacity you have the faster your fill-up times will be. I just installed a single in my FJ but I have 31" tires. NOTE! On mine I had to install the blue/white wire which is supposed to only be for lighting up the switch when off and tied to your lights. Well for some reason on my the blue wire on the pressure switch is tied to this wire. Nothing in the diagrams shows this. We found this out after doing a bunch of continuity checks. Very annoying since I could care less about that light. The other bulb turns on when the compressor is in use. Plenty of posts have said both the red/yellow ACC wire and blue/white light wire were not required. In my setup they are. I am going to write ARB to see if this is a glitch in my wiring setup by them. Other than wasting a bunch of time and owning some folks some beer to help troubleshoot I am very glad to have on board air.

From ARB "So what makes this compressor special? It's small enough to fit into even the tightest space and quiet enough to mount in the cab. It has enough output to air up four 35" - 37" tires in a single duty cycle and typically airs up a 35" tire in just over two minutes."

There is a tech spec PDF on the ARB web site. compressorTechnicalSpecifications.pdf which might provide some insight.

Reactions: TRL EATR

TRL EATR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Scott
Last Name
Bastian
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1TRL
I ended up with a dual ARB compressor under the hod. Install was a bit more difficult due to Jeep changing the AC compressor hose routing, but it's in. I routed a steel braided air line from the output of the compressor to the bumper. I also have the Hurricane manifold to attach to the quick connect so I can fill all four tires at the same time. Takes about 4-5 minutes to air up from 10-15 to 40 PSI. Works fantastic! Thanks for the feedback!

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

I have a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JK 2 door with 35" tires. I have electric lockers, so, don't need air for lockers. I find that I don't have a lot of room in the back of the jeep when we go on the road. Would anyone recommend a dual ARB or single ARB solution mounted in the engine compartment?
We absolutely love our dual ARB compressor. Yes, it is a big investment on the front end, but the output and reliability is incredible. I can bring up 6, 33" tires (we have a trailer) from 16 PSI to 35 PSI in about 7 minutes. (More or less depending on altitude, temp, and humidity.)

You can mount them in the engine compartment, but I highly recommend you mount it somewhere that's not exposed to the elements and heat wash of the engine. It will degrade the components faster as well as reduce the output since the compressor will already be hot when you want to air up. I'm not sure who makes it (not a Jeep guy), but there is a bracket that will allow you to mount it under the passenger seat to fix this issue. I can ask my friend where he got his if you're interested.

TRL EATR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Scott
Last Name
Bastian
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1TRL
I looked at that mounting bracket for that exact reason, but it only fits on a four door front seat :(.

That's why I bought the dual, figured it would perform better when hot.

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

I looked at that mounting bracket for that exact reason, but it only fits on a four door front seat :(.

That's why I bought the dual, figured it would perform better when hot.
Oh it will perform, I have friends with 2-doors that have them in the engine compartment... it's just my personal preference to keep it in an optimal location :sunglasses: