Launch Member

Member III

SAUDI ARABIA
First Name
Henk
Last Name
Van der Merwe
Member #

Well, as expected, the rear air suspension on my GX470 failed. .. due to human error and nothing to do with this great overland platform. Had the car serviced (90k miles) and came back with one airbag rupturrd and both out of position and failing.

I plan to replace it with an OME 2,5" lift kit, and now the challenge starts...where to go.

We're just traveling through the area and need recommendations please. Any and all input will be welcome. Reputable 4x4 / Auto repair shops

Henk and Co

pl626

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

I converted the EAS on my Range Rover Classic to OME coils, but I miss the self leveling aspect of the EAS. I’m definitely going back to EAS.

Not that familiar with the Yota/Lexus EAS, but you may want to reconsider going to coils, especially if you do any towing. Cornering is also a big difference. On EAS, the Rover was great cornering, but on coils, I have to go much slower than on EAS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuse Runner

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Denver, CO
Member #

Slee Off-road in Golden, CO. Had my OME installed there and they are top notch!

Other places to go would be Toytec in Denver or RSG in Lakewood.

Reactions: Henk

Henk

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

SAUDI ARABIA
First Name
Henk
Last Name
Van der Merwe
Member #

Thank you Cuse Runner, will give them a call tomorrow

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@Henk

Well, as expected, the rear air suspension on my GX470 failed. ... I plan to replace it with an OME 2,5" lift kit, and now the challenge starts...where to go.

We're just traveling through the area and need recommendations please. Any and all input will be welcome. Reputable 4x4 / Auto repair shops

Henk and Co
I'll Second @Cuse Runner and recommend Slee. They just did the conversion to ARB BP-51's on my 4runner. Just got it back and have not had her on the trails yet but work was finished with an awesome attn to detail that I really appreciated. Slee may have a tough time getting you into the schedule on short notice as they are a very busy shop. See thread https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/recommended-shops-denver-boulder-ft-collins-summit-county.11926/ for some other options that were recommended to me.

Boort

Reactions: Henk

Henk

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

SAUDI ARABIA
First Name
Henk
Last Name
Van der Merwe
Member #

Suspension update: Slee was very helpful but couldn't schedule the job for a few weeks. This was my short term solution, till further notice IMG-20180626-WA0003.jpeg