Rank II

Enthusiast I

Weatherford, Parker County, Texas, United States
First Name
Erin
Last Name
McBride
Member #

So is anyone else running or building an older full sized rig, I'm talking mid 80's and older.
I'm currently just waiting on parts to arrive for the Adventure Pony so I can get her together and out on the trails. This is a picture of her the day we drug her out of her 13 year resting spot, to say I'm excited to get her back in tip top shape.

Attachments

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

Guess it depends on what your definition of "full sized rig" is! LOL

Does a '63 Land Rover SIIa 88 Station Wagon count?

The sidewalls and trop top will be attached this fall. Once that's done I'll start on the adventure trailer.

The attached pic was taken a couple weeks ago, in line for a parade.

20210423_170255.jpg

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

So is anyone else running or building an older full sized rig, I'm talking mid 80's and older.
I'm currently just waiting on parts to arrive for the Adventure Pony so I can get her together and out on the trails. This is a picture of her the day we drug her out of her 13 year resting spot, to say I'm excited to get her back in tip top shape.
E6EE096E-F4C8-4A71-BC56-56EF4B12202D.jpeg
I love it but I may be a little biased in my opinion. If I ever get the dodge put together then the bronco will go under the knife. 400 is getting tired and losing oil pressure. I need to find some bucket seat brackets for it though.

Reactions: Adventure Pony

Adventure Pony

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Erin
Last Name
McBride
Member #

Guess it depends on what your definition of "full sized rig" is! LOL

Does a '63 Land Rover SIIa 88 Station Wagon count?

The sidewalls and trop top will be attached this fall. Once that's done I'll start on the adventure trailer.

The attached pic was taken a couple weeks ago, in line for a parade.

View attachment 195947
Absolutely that counts! It's gorgeous would love to see it in person.

Reactions: Correus

Adventure Pony

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Erin
Last Name
McBride
Member #

View attachment 196000
I love it but I may be a little biased in my opinion. If I ever get the dodge put together then the bronco will go under the knife. 400 is getting tired and losing oil pressure. I need to find some bucket seat brackets for it though.
There's a couple bronco parts groups on Facebook and I have seen seats on there from time to time so maybe there's bracketry as well.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
@M Rose is running an older Bronco too, I don't recall the year though.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@M Rose is running an older Bronco too, I don't recall the year though.
It’s an ‘89 with a 1993 5.0 engine... early next week it should be back on the road after the engine swap.

The Mean Green “Adventure” Machine

5BA38C1D-8410-4069-B7FD-F97DDCE25CEF.jpeg
What year is the Adventure Pony? It looks like a 1985.

check out http://www.fusllsizebronco.com for all your maintenance and upgrade information. The community over there is very similar to here and the best tech info for the FSB on the web. I also get a lot of my information off of several F-150 forums since the FSB shares many of the same parts to the F-150.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparksalot

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Member #

Absolutely that counts! It's gorgeous would love to see it in person.
Thanks! Perhaps we will meet up at some point. I'm still a bit gun shy when it comes to driving very far - I have little faith in my mechanical skills. Right now I'm taking baby steps, slowly working up to farther distances. First big trip is coming up - close to 700 miles round trip. We have a niece in Texas and want to take the Rover, so a meet-up is definitely possible.

Reactions: Adventure Pony

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Member #

For those of you with older rigs - have you ever heard of the Relic Run out of Utah? It's an annual event for vehicles from the mid 1980s and older in the spirit of vintage camping.

It would be nice to have events, like meet-ups, trail/road trips, rallies, campouts and such just for the older rigs.

The following article describes it best.

Originally the cut-off date was 1970 - as the article mentions, but I believe it has been moved up to the mid 1980s or a bit later. IMHO the cut-off date would be 'pre-computer' vehicles!!! Would still keep the requirements of no gear (for vehicle and camping) newer than the rig, or at least newer than the 1970s.