Oakland, CA, USA
First Name
Nicole
Last Name
Merchain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ask me :)
Just finished my install last night! I did it in my driveway with 100% hand tools!

I’m loving it so far and I can’t wait to take it off road!!

Attachments

walkabout_ca

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Bay Area, California, USA
First Name
Gwendolyn
Last Name
vdL
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6YFJ
Just finished my install last night! I did it in my driveway with 100% hand tools!

Awesome! How long did it take you? Any tricky parts? My wrenching skills are pretty basic, but I've been wondering if I could tackle a project like this. I've successfully done a C4 Lo Pro bumper install /w winch, but working on suspension seems more involved.

Weim.Runner

Rank VI

World Traveler I

Oakland, CA, USA
First Name
Nicole
Last Name
Merchain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

You could totally do it! I have never done anything as extensive and it was very straightforward, just time consuming. It would have gone much faster with a hydraulic lift and a power impact wrench but with all hand tools I spent about 6hrs on Friday doing the front & another 6hrs on Saturday doing the rear & reconnecting the front sway bar. If you have KDSS I would recommend NOT disconnecting the front passenger side sway bar so you can avoid the headache that I created for myself. Also, I would recommend installing the passenger side first if you have KDSS.

Awesome! How long did it take you? Any tricky parts? My wrenching skills are pretty basic, but I've been wondering if I could tackle a project like this. I've successfully done a C4 Lo Pro bumper install /w winch, but working on suspension seems more involved.

Reactions: walkabout_ca

walkabout_ca

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Bay Area, California, USA
First Name
Gwendolyn
Last Name
vdL
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6YFJ
Hey Nicole, I just finished the install of the same set, and it seems to have worked out quite well. As you suggested I did not disconnect the sway bar, and with a bit of wrangling with a jack and jack stands managed to get enough room to take out the old, and the new in. She sits a bit high on the back tires, but we’ll see how much difference all the provisions and other gear will make. Hope to go on a long weekend trip soon!

Weim.Runner

Rank VI

World Traveler I

Oakland, CA, USA
First Name
Nicole
Last Name
Merchain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hey Nicole, I just finished the install of the same set, and it seems to have worked out quite well. As you suggested I did not disconnect the sway bar, and with a bit of wrangling with a jack and jack stands managed to get enough room to take out the old, and the new in. She sits a bit high on the back tires, but we’ll see how much difference all the provisions and other gear will make. Hope to go on a long weekend trip soon!
I hope you like it! I love mine so far.

Reactions: walkabout_ca

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

Nice! I think you'll love the setup.

I wish that I had been able to get the Graphite TRD Pro rims when I did the same upgrade on my T4R. I don't mind the black ones but now that the Graphite color is available ... :D

Boort

Reactions: Weim.Runner