Status
Not open for further replies.

ert.rova

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Rocky Mountain
Member #

Hello all, I am just writing this to inform anyone who might be interested in the ARB suspension line, to be wary when ordering any of this companies products. I recently ordered a 3 inch lift kit from a premium ARB premium vendor( Rocky Road Outfitter) and after a long process, and a pay pal dispute i finally received my money back. I then ordered my lift from Quadratec which sent me damaged shocks and the wrong leaf springs, they would not take any of the products back as they said they changed the lift components even though i have e-mail saying that the leaf springs in the lift were the cso34rb not the light load cso33rb ones. SOOO, i ordered the right leaf springs off amazon from Wonder Car Parts another ARB vendor and LOL they came damaged, and they would not take them back. contacted ARB who said that would be willing to help me 2 months later now they are saying that i ordered from not official ARB distributor even though all vendors were on their list of vendors. Not to mention that when i contacted ARB not a single person could answer even the easiest question about their products. Now they have banned me from posting on their FACEBOOK page and I am forced to air my experience here. BE very leery of ordering anything from this company or any of its vendors. Just trying to save anyone else form my BAD experience. These products were supposedly new.IMG_0051.JPG IMG_0052.JPG IMG_0053.JPG

ert.rova

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Rocky Mountain
Member #

If this post is not allowed please delete it, I was not sure but really wanted to bring my experience into the light as ARB is really trying to silence me.

Contributor II

I'm sorry to hear you had such bad experiences. Was this for your jeep? If anyone is doing old man emu for Toyota I'd go with Toytec, they know their stuff and my products all came perfectly. We also order through another distributor at work and our old man emu items have been top notch. Sad to hear it's not always that way.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

No
Member #

Hello all, I am just writing this to inform anyone who might be interested in the ARB suspension line, to be wary when ordering any of this companies products. I recently ordered a 3 inch lift kit from a premium ARB premium vendor( Rocky Road Outfitter) and after a long process, and a pay pal dispute i finally received my money back. I then ordered my lift from Quadratec which sent me damaged shocks and the wrong leaf springs, they would not take any of the products back as they said they changed the lift components even though i have e-mail saying that the leaf springs in the lift were the cso34rb not the light load cso33rb ones. SOOO, i ordered the right leaf springs off amazon from Wonder Car Parts another ARB vendor and LOL they came damaged, and they would not take them back. contacted ARB who said that would be willing to help me 2 months later now they are saying that i ordered from not official ARB distributor even though all vendors were on their list of vendors. Not to mention that when i contacted ARB not a single person could answer even the easiest question about their products. Now they have banned me from posting on their FACEBOOK page and I am forced to air my experience here. BE very leery of ordering anything from this company or any of its vendors. Just trying to save anyone else form my BAD experience. These products were supposedly new.View attachment 20276 View attachment 20277 View attachment 20279
The old man emu stuff I ordered for my Tacoma looked about the same. I'm assuming that the paint wasn't quite dry when it got stacked on a rack or maybe slid across something during packaging. I scraped it up more installing it, and now it's all covered with dirt so I never really thought about it again... it all works great though.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Mr_miyagisan

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Galveston, IN
Member #

I ordered my XJ OME lift from DPG off-road, great experience. Dirk from DPG asks you questions about your vehicle setup (bumper type and other high weighted accessories) and intended use. He then recommends certain spring rates to go along with your kit. Quick shipping and no complaints on my end for the product I received

Reactions: Anon

Traveler I

US
I ordered mine for my WK from an approved vendor, "Kolak", from JF. He's got a small company in AZ. The boxes were trashed when they showed up to my door. I thought for sure everything was out of whack. But everything was in tip top shape and works great.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BCBrian

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

I am sorry that you are having a hard time with this. Shipping companies often damage goods in transit, especially heavy pieces that can easily break through the packaging. I bought my rear springs from a reputable suspension shop and when they were pulled from the rack they looked worse than yours. I knew that they would be scratched up by trail use anyway so it didn't matter to me.

Take a rattle can of Rustoleum semi gloss and touch up the springs before you install them. Save the remainder of the can for touch up because trail damage will scratch them up again. You could easily do the same for the scratches on the shocks.

Install your new suspension and enjoy the improved ride and height.

Arizona Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Cottonwood, Arizona
Member #

Something smells fishy. Things are not adding up. I ordered some Dakars and they are great. If and when I need to upgrade my suspension more I will use OME. I ordered from TOYTEC and would highly recommend them to anyone who has a Toyota. Very knowledgeable and helpful.
Hope you get things worked out OP. ARB and OME are very high quality products.

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
As of now this thread is locked.

I see issues with one manufacturer, multiple vendors and shippers in this all being combined into one complaint.

OP became member very shortly before posting this and has posted very little after this.

Reactions: Anchor Mtn
Status
Not open for further replies.