Ol' gray build thread

• HTML tutorial

druff6991

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Carlsbad NM
Member #

unfortunately, most of the pictures of my truck disappeared when my last phone just stopped working out of the blue. She was a bone stock 2002 silverado z71 (I mean bone stock), only thing beyond stock was the tires were upgraded from 265s to 285/75/16 falken rocky mountains.

First thing we did was cut off the 55 gallon drum GM uses as a muffler and put on a hooker Aerochamber single in dual out. Kinda loud, but most important is, it gives the truck a nice mellow tone. Next was the leveling kit, new shocks, shorty headers, cosmetic upgrades, the big lights and cold air intake. I know some peoples feelings toward them but I've never had dust on the wrong side of my filter so theres no reason for me to take it off.

Screenshot_20170401-231721[177].jpgoldest picture I still have of her. After the falkens got worn out, I bought my new wheels 17x9 with -12mm offset and put the mickey thompsons on. I had to crank the torsion keys more to clear the new meats. Right before the tires came in though, the infamous 4L60E showed its weakness and lost 2nd 4th and reverse.

Reactions: Rusty burbin

druff6991

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Carlsbad NM
Member #

20160622_212240.jpg
so the transmission had to come out. You have never worked until youve removed this things transmission. We needed to gut the entire trucks frame. The rear shaft, front shaft, transfer case and crossmember, exhaust had to be unbolted from the headers, 02 sensors had to be unplugged. torsion bar crossmember. It was actually more difficult to take it out than it was to rebuild it. But the transmission got some upgrades and we reinforced the 60s famous weak places. It got a bigger sun shell and a wider band. Corvette servos in the valve body, ect.

20160625_111639.jpg
those old yellowed aftermarket lights were damn near a safety hazard. couldnt see them during the day so they got replaced with the stock housings and LED lights. I got fancy and put switchback lights for my turn signals.

20160704_212153.jpg
for those who are unfamiliar with the switchback, they are white until the turn signal is activated, then they flash orange. The most recent upgrade is the Warn Trans4mer grill guard. After I hit my first deer in the company vehicle, I felt like my personal should have a little something up front. That mule deer changed my mind from the hidden winch system to the trans4mer.

druff6991

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Carlsbad NM
Member #

IMG_20170311_215955_011.jpg
The warn has a spot for 2 more lights, which you know I'm going to put on, after I get the winch. The next thing to go on, is Warns Gen II VR-10s. Which I feel is a good starter winch after watching all the reviews on it. There is a 4" BDS lift in the girls future. ARB rear diff cover because I have been in a couple situations in OK where I was genuinely worried about it. Eventually I'll fab up my own rock sliders and fuel tank skid plate.