South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
I was thinking of stopping off in the Ozarks on my way westward this summer. Spent a week out there a few years ago along the Mulberry, Buffalo, and White Rivers. Not much fishing in the Mulberry but there was a Byrd's RV Park where they had an overlanding jamboree. It's right on the edge of the National Forest with lots of FS roads. If you're down this way stop here for some good food:

Attachments

Reactions: grubworm

DosTacos

Rank VI

Influencer I

Pflugerville, TX, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
West
Member #

I just got back from doing an Express Rally Overland event recently and loved it. We started in Dover and ran up Granny Gap and a bunch of other trails for a few days. Camped on the water every night and had a great time. I had a trip to New Mexico planned but the National Forest got shut down so looks like we're headed back to the Ozarks. There will be a few of us running around the Indian Creek area for a few days in late June if anyone is interested in joining. We ended up at Oark Cafe as posted above last time. Great burgers and pies,

Attachments

Maul Crawler

Rank IV

Explorer I

Chapin, Lexington County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Copeland
Member #

I just got back from doing an Express Rally Overland event recently and loved it. We started in Dover and ran up Granny Gap and a bunch of other trails for a few days. Camped on the water every night and had a great time. I had a trip to New Mexico planned but the National Forest got shut down so looks like we're headed back to the Ozarks. There will be a few of us running around the Indian Creek area for a few days in late June if anyone is interested in joining. We ended up at Oark Cafe as posted above last time. Great burgers and pies,
Definitely post again when you are making another run. I think I'm going to shoot for 2 or 3 days in the NW area somewhere here in a couple weeks.

Reactions: DosTacos

Ironmyst

Rank II

Traveler III

Mannford, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ironmyst
Last Name
No limit Motorsport
Member #

We’re going the first week of august. Staying just southwest of Harrison. We’re planning on doing parts of highwater mark trail and various other fs roads, then head north toward Branson at the end of the week.

Reactions: grubworm

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
we like the jasper area a good bit and there are a lot of good hikes there. we'll more likely go in the fall after it cools down a hair.
dont do too much boondocking in that area because most land is private, but the mulberry has some state camp grounds and the buffalo has camping for tents only...no rvs allowed at steel creek and surrounding areas unless it s a private camp ground

north arkansas in the off season is pretty great...less heat and less people

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
We ended up at Oark Cafe as posted above last time. Great burgers and pies,
thats funny...
was chatting with an OB member couple years back and talking about the jasper area. i swore he said that the OZARK CAFE has phenominal burgers. we ended up camping at steel creek campground and a storm hit and wiped out our tent. drove into jasper to spend the night and saw ozark cafe. they had the best burgers ever and so went back for breakfast and was blown away by their biskits and gravy.
the place didnt sound like he described and now i get that it was OARK CAFE.
well...i will have to try OARK CAFE next time we go...

what are the odds??

1659130427090.png 1659130591683.png

Last edited:
Reactions: DosTacos