Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Bixby, OK, USA
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Ryan
Member #

Taking the family on a little Independence 'Week' trip. Headed to Black Mesa, OK --> Rio Costilla Park, NM --> Great Sand Dunes, CO --> Rio Grande National Forest. We plan on sneaking in some fly fishing and some mountain biking. I've spent some time in Black Mesa, but never visited these NM and CO areas, so if anyone has any pointers or routes we should seek out I'd love to hear them!

kd5pff

Rank II
Investor

Contributor III

Joplin, MO, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Jech
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kd5pff
Following!
We are going up for the Rocky Mountain Overland expo and going to spend a week with the kiddos up there. Planning on the dunes and looking for other options.
Leaving from Tulsa.

Reactions: JRyan

JRyan

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Bixby, OK, USA
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Ryan
Member #

Following!
We are going up for the Rocky Mountain Overland expo and going to spend a week with the kiddos up there. Planning on the dunes and looking for other options.
Leaving from Tulsa.
That'll be a great week too! I'll make sure and post any route beta and pics.

Reactions: kd5pff

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Post your trail/camp pics when you return, looking forward to planning future trips with my folks!

Utilityman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Albuquerque NM
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Raether
Member #

Rio Costilla is just about as good of fishing as it gets. They usually open the gates to go to the Latir lakes about the time you are going. If u have a chance wheel up that road to go fish the lakes. Anything hopper and caddis usually works this time of year. Have fun.

JRyan

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Bixby, OK, USA
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Ryan
Member #

Rio Costilla is just about as good of fishing as it gets. They usually open the gates to go to the Latir lakes about the time you are going. If u have a chance wheel up that road to go fish the lakes. Anything hopper and caddis usually works this time of year. Have fun.
Thanks for the beta! I've heard good reports on the fishing there, so I like that you're reaffirming them! I'll make sure and check out the lakes, thanks.