Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Denver CO
First Name
Edy
Last Name
Coyote
Member #

Politics even here. Figures as much. Politicians are slaves to Big Business. It's simple. They work for them first, then the rest of us if it doesn't cost them much. There isn't a conspiracy to limit access. That's ridiculous. Big business should be limited to the utmost to access ANY public land and wild places. Period. And what ever party does that, that's who I'm voting for. News flash, my job isn't the most important thing in the world, neither is yours. Preserving archaic forms of employment at all costs is ridiculous. It would be like horse ferries back in the day stopping the automobile industry because they were afraid "they're taking our jobs!". Industries die, that's the way it goes. Let oil, and coal just die. It's not politics it's Capitalist darwinism. My life and most of your lives won't change one bit if oil and mining companies don't get to make more money.

Reactions: Shokgoblr

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
My life and most of your lives won't change one bit if oil and mining companies don't get to make more money.
==================================================================================================

They wouldn't make more money if there was not a demand for their product. Even you contribute to that every time you jump in your rig and go somewhere. Be careful of what you ask for, you may get it and not like it so much when it's not there for you. Money made goes back into the effort to supply you with an abundant supply of the product's. What is the crime in making money. That's what it's all about. Oil and gas industry make a whole lot more products than just fuel. If we can ever come up with another or better way, it will evolve. Money paid to the government for the extracted oil goes into the general fund of revenue and keeps us from paying more taxes. What's not to like about that since it is us that demand so much from government !

Edy Coyote

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Denver CO
First Name
Edy
Last Name
Coyote
Member #

Make money, fine. But again it isn't the most important factor in life. It's just not. I'd rather keep wild places wild and as pristine as possible. People bitch about "the welfare state" all the time. Guess what there is no bigger welfare queen than the oil industry. The subsidies they get are obscene. Is that "free market" Capitalism? Lol, no. And as far as the "demand" for a product, I'll quote Tupac Shakur "I was given this world I didn't make it". We drive gas guzzling vehicles because that is the technology that was pushed on us and is available due to alot of shadiness (Nikola Tesla). If the powers that be were at all interested we'd be driving electric (or some other technology) overland rigs. I said it before my job shouldn't take presidence over EVERYTHING there is, it's just a job. Oil jobs are no different