Rank II

Enthusiast I

Columbus, OH, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Dattalo
Member #

Hi All. I'm John (John@HankTheTankJKU) and just joined. I live in Columbus, OH, and drive a tank green 2016 Jeep Wrangler JKU Willys named Hank the Tank.

I have been off-roading and jeering since late 2015 and we are just getting into overlanding.

We are rebuking Hank The Tank from a traditional trail rig into an overland-focused vehicle. I look forward to meeting up with some Columbus and Ohio members.

John@HankTheTankJKU

Caelleai

Rank VI
Investor

Endurance I

Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Drinan
Member #

Hi All. I'm John (John@HankTheTankJKU) and just joined. I live in Columbus, OH, and drive a tank green 2016 Jeep Wrangler JKU Willys named Hank the Tank.

I have been off-roading and jeering since late 2015 and we are just getting into overlanding.

We are rebuking Hank The Tank from a traditional trail rig into an overland-focused vehicle. I look forward to meeting up with some Columbus and Ohio members.

John@HankTheTankJKU
Welcome John! I'm in Cincy and Luci (2018 Wrangler) started as a trail rig, now she's more for overland/tripping. Would love to get a ride together sometime with more Ohio and Indiana and Kentucky folks.

scubasteve2002

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

Ah cool. I don’t drive it too often but it’s around. I live right off RT 3.
It has been a while (maybe since 2016 or 2017) you helped me with an oil change in your driveway since the apartment I was in back then didn't allow oil changes. Do you still have your Audi as well?

My wife and I just moved to Colorado about a year and a half ago and finally upgraded to a proper 4x4 haha.

Reactions: Wanderer351

Wanderer351

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

bladensburg,ohio
Member #

Howdy everybody. Sorry it has been a year of all kinds of adventures but not very many on the gravel. We have squirrel camp 2024 plan for January 25 through the 28th at Mohican. I have a walking drag line tour for western Indiana plan for I believe it’s March. We’re looking at doing Drummond Island with mitten state tours in July and a couple trips to West Virginia and Pennsylvania coming up. I’ll try to post as many of them on here as possible. They are not Overland Bound exclusive events, but events that I schedule and host through my Facebook pages that are open to the public.

I’m not sure what’s going on with the Overland Bound, East and Midwest pages on Facebook so if you’re not big Facebook users, I will try to make sure I include all that information here on the forums!!

And as always, anybody can reach out to me at any time
Tony M

Reactions: Caelleai

Caelleai

Rank VI
Investor

Endurance I

Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Drinan
Member #

Howdy everybody. Sorry it has been a year of all kinds of adventures but not very many on the gravel. We have squirrel camp 2024 plan for January 25 through the 28th at Mohican. I have a walking drag line tour for western Indiana plan for I believe it’s March. We’re looking at doing Drummond Island with mitten state tours in July and a couple trips to West Virginia and Pennsylvania coming up. I’ll try to post as many of them on here as possible. They are not Overland Bound exclusive events, but events that I schedule and host through my Facebook pages that are open to the public.

I’m not sure what’s going on with the Overland Bound, East and Midwest pages on Facebook so if you’re not big Facebook users, I will try to make sure I include all that information here on the forums!!

Tony M
Hi Tony! Good to see you again! I dropped off Facebook and miss the events (but not the cesspool that is FB) Hope you are doing well!

John@HankTheTankJKU

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Columbus, OH, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Dattalo
Member #

Tony M
What are the FB group names? I searched but wasn't sure which were OB ones

Wanderer351

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

bladensburg,ohio
Member #

I run Weekend Wanderers Overland and I also share information on Midwest overlanding and tri-state Overland on Facebook

Things have been crazy this year. I took a break after squirrel camp in February to get a bunch of things done to get the YouTube channel going better and then in July the van almost got totaled by a tree in my yard falling over. We’ve since gotten it repaired and it’s been out on many adventures and I’m starting to plan more stuff for next year. I would like to get back to the monthly campouts!!

I also need to get down to Cincinnati for their rigs and Coffee and I might run out to Caesar Creek Saturday for that rigs and coffee. I don’t know if Cleveland Macedonia Riggs and Coffee are gonna be done for the year or if they’re going to go all winter , those guys are a little crazy because of all the snow they get!!

Reactions: John@HankTheTankJKU