• HTML tutorial

Wanderer351

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

bladensburg,ohio
Member #

North central Ohio
Mohican state park to AEP Recreational lands. Day 2 Big Muskie Bucket AEP to hocking hills. 230 miles-ish..

Hosted by me at Midwest Overland Training and my Facebookcrew at Weekend Wanderers & Midwest Overlanders

More videos in the channel

April 26-28. Meeting at mohican covered bridge campground 9am Saturday

Some of us are meeting Friday evening at the covered bridge campground and staying overnight. First come first serve can't reserve sites. Can double up. $23 cash or credit card number at the iron ranger.

Aep just confirmed THEY ARE GIVING US HOOK LAKE CAMPGROUND A AGAIN!!!! ALL OURS SATURDAY NIGHT!!

Routes are also in the files section or avalable on my public drop box.

Link to Dropbox with MohicanAEP.KLM and AEPhocking.KLM so GAIA maps has the actual route!

We will reuse the Hocking route for day 2..when people wanna head that way..I WILL get routes for Saturday along with folks who want to free explore the area...so MUCH to see and DO!!

DETAILS!! INFO!!
You NEED the free permit printed and filled out with you for FREE CAMPING at the jesse Owens aep area. I am calling this week to see if we can reserve camo A hook lake. If not we will be trying for camp C sand hollow.

Camp is also 30 min away from any amenities..the local shop I used closed...we WILL be traveling by MANY places to get firewood/food/snacks/fuel thru the entire trip..and I will be stopping to get firewood on the way.
PETS and weird friends must be leashed. I learned the hard way years ago that not everyones pets are friendly to roaming dogs..lets keep everyone safe..
KIDS/WIFES...Bring them!! This will be as family friendly as can be..however after 10:30 there are quiet hours at camp..but as long as we are good neighbors all is good..
ALCOHOL...camp is DRY...NO DRINKING AND DRIVING PERIOD. *IF* you cant wait till camp...I can recommend some addiction counciling :)

Currently no set camp for Saturday night

leaving from muskie bucket towards Wayne national forrest..San Toy,moonville tunnel (haunted). Kings hollow tunnel.hocking hills area.(old mans cave. ash cave, conkles hollow)

Facebook is blocking all the links and refusing to upload this post with any links in it.

San toy

kings hollow tunnel

haunted moonville tunnel

Hocking hills area

Last edited:
Reactions: Scout

Wanderer351

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

bladensburg,ohio
Member #

Bangs head on table..

I kinda got the aep-hocking route working by editing and changing it to driving vs fly..im gonna have to SUCK IT UP and rebuild these in GAIA this weekend...they are 2 years old and earthmate and GAIA won't do turn by turn.

Stupid .gpx

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

I'll have to keep an eye on the dates you come up with for events.. I'm in sw NY. 3 hrs to Cleveland and 5.5 to Columbus {used to always go to Mopar Nats}..

Reactions: Wanderer351

Wanderer351

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

bladensburg,ohio
Member #

I'll have to keep an eye on the dates you come up with for events.. I'm in sw NY. 3 hrs to Cleveland and 5.5 to Columbus {used to always go to Mopar Nats}..
If your on Facebook check out Weekend Wanderers..we go Some place in the Midwest/eastern states every month.

One of our favorite spots is the kinzua region of Allegheny Forrest north west PA

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

Nice.. I'll join on then.. I'm 25 minutes from Allegheny state park via I-86 and about 35 minutes to Kinzua dam passing through Warren,PA..

Reactions: Wanderer351

Wanderer351

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

bladensburg,ohio
Member #

Working half day then swinging by the house to unload tools and load camping gear!! Planning on being at mohican covered bridge,camp ground around 1:30pm Friday afternoon!!Capture%2B_2019-04-19-09-46-30.jpg0406191628a.jpg