Rank V

Explorer I

Burlington County, NJ, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Mez
Member #

I searched for the parent company of Jeep a moment ago. Stellantis?!!! A major globalist takeover?!!! What happened to the UAW?!!!

936C6B2D-920A-4BBD-B815-A22C5E9E6626.jpeg

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Until just a few years ago, the Queen of England owned an awful lot of land in and around Fan Pier. At one point, Chevy owned Saab and Volvo. Nissan has had a plant in Tennessee for decades. The Stellantis thing happened back in January.

I love how they still call Chrysler one of the big three American car makers, but they say it is "domiciled" in the Netherlands after Italian FCA merged with a French conglomerate.

Cant seem to get away from globalization. Ford and Mazda. Toyota making cars for Chevy and the old Geo. And on and on

Old Tanker

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

Norfolk, VA, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Reimer
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
When a government runs such a deficit that private savings can't make up the difference, the result is an overall economy that imports more than it produces, and property (real estate, production, intellectual capital) bought by foreign investors. Americans like getting a bigger government than they are willing to pay for. So they pay in different ways, through a lower standard of living, fading national capacity, and "globalism" as everything is imported, and everything around them is owned by outsiders.