Contributor III

Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Brendan
Last Name
Ruddy
Member #

Greetings! Member 20474 checking in.

We have recently moved back tp the Ottawa Valley from kamloops BC and are looking for new buddies to show us what the east coast of Canada has to offer.

Can anyone point us in the right direction, give some tips of where to start or meet for an adventure?

Cheers

Attachments

Reactions: Kent R

Alanymarce

Rank IV

Trail Mechanic III

Colombia
If you want to explore the East Coast then I would head east (- I apologise - couldn't resist). A key question - are you really looking to explore the East Coast, or to explore Eastern Ontario and Southern Quebec? If the former then Newfoundland is well worth the time to get there - lots of options - Gros Morne, Avalon, . Nova Scotia has a lot of offer too, although it's not as "wild". I don;t know Labrador, however that's the other area to explore. A little closer Gaspé. We are hoping (if we can figure out how to manage the quarantine requirements) to spend some time on the Shield next year, and there's lots ot explore there, closer to Gatineau.

Reactions: CherokeeRose

CherokeeRose

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Brendan
Last Name
Ruddy
Member #

HAHA should have realized I had miss spoken! not even close to the true coast here but is a long way from bc so feels that way.

So I have a couple mapped trips tp go up the gaspe and my mothers family actually originate from there so I would love to see the history. I have marked Labrador city and some way down to the ferry to newfoundland not really sure which is the best route yet.

Interested as well to go up tp husdons bay found one route but I am sure there is more to it.

Finally I'm really just interested in local trails and play grounds in the ottawa Gatineau Valley, been around calabogie but that is all so far

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings! Member 20474 checking in.

We have recently moved back tp the Ottawa Valley from kamloops BC and are looking for new buddies to show us what the east coast of Canada has to offer.

Can anyone point us in the right direction, give some tips of where to start or meet for an adventure?

Cheers
Our Member Representatives in that area can help you with local information.
@ryancarman is our Ontario/Quebec Member Rep
@Roam Wild Overland is in Nova Scotia