Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Socorro, NM
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Glendenning
Member #

Nice! I think these trailers currently hit the sweet spot for features, capability, and price these days. Write a review after you've used it for a while!

Reactions: tundra21

CCTX50

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corpus Christi TEXAS
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Strasheim
Member #

Looking forward to pictures and review. Im looking hard at a trailer and looking for all imput.

Minjin

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Marietta, Ohio, United States
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Farley
Member #

The trailer arrived with a broken tail light, and the center running light does not function. I had ordered the TV and it was not there. Warranty is going to cover the tail light replacements. If I cannot figure out the light then I will have to take it to an RV dealer and get it fixed.
My main gripe is that multiple owners have stated in other forums that the 7pin connection is too short, and they had to add an extension. The offgrid owners haven't addressed this issue and it really burns my bottom.
For the price of this trailer you shouldn't have to make modifications immediately just to take this offroad. I cannot make a moderately sharp right turn or the plug pulls out of the connection. It is a stock truck with no lift. The plug is completely useless without an extension. They are sending the extension to me for free... BUT, adding an extension is just adding another point of failure in my book.

Other than that I absolutely love the trailer.

Reactions: Corsair84

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Congratulations on your new trailer! Heater is a must and really enhances the comfort level.

Does the center light not turn on at all?

I have had discussions with Off Grid about the 7 pin cable length. It is the longest they are able to source in bulk apparently. The only solution would be to move the 7 pin junction box from inside the front storage area to the outside. I did find a longer 11' which I ordered from eTrailer. I paid around $37. Due to shortages it is all the way up tp $68 but I think Amazon had it for a bit cheaper. Based on my setup I was able to cut about 1' off and still have some to play with. https://www.etrailer.com/Wiring/Hopkins/HM20048.html It is a pretty easy DIY modification and preferred to the 7pin extender. I have never had one of those fail but they aren't aesthetically pleasing.

I have also done about 20 different minor modifications to my trailer and have a running list on my website. There is no perfect trailer and all need to be tweaked to each individual owners liking. We love ours but this isn't my thread so I will shut up!

I'm sure Minjin will write a review when he gets time. I have written several articles on my trailer and there is a longer discussion on both models linked below.

Discussion in this thread: Off Grid Trailers - Expedition and Pando 2.0 The Ultimate Rugged Overland Off-Road Off Grid teardrop Trailer to Escape

Minjin

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Marietta, Ohio, United States
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Farley
Member #

Congratulations on your new trailer! Heater is a must and really enhances the comfort level.

Does the center light not turn on at all?

I have had discussions with Off Grid about the 7 pin cable length. It is the longest they are able to source in bulk apparently. The only solution would be to move the 7 pin junction box from inside the front storage area to the outside. I did find a longer 11' which I ordered from eTrailer. I paid around $37. Due to shortages it is all the way up tp $68 but I think Amazon had it for a bit cheaper. Based on my setup I was able to cut about 1' off and still have some to play with. https://www.etrailer.com/Wiring/Hopkins/HM20048.html It is a pretty easy DIY modification and preferred to the 7pin extender. I have never had one of those fail but they aren't aesthetically pleasing.

I have also done about 20 different minor modifications to my trailer and have a running list on my website. There is no perfect trailer and all need to be tweaked to each individual owners liking. We love ours but this isn't my thread so I will shut up!

I'm sure Minjin will write a review when he gets time. I have written several articles on my trailer and there is a longer discussion on both models linked below.

Discussion in this thread: Off Grid Trailers - Expedition and Pando 2.0 The Ultimate Rugged Overland Off-Road Off Grid teardrop Trailer to Escape
Thanks for the input! I’ll definitely check out your site. I need to use it more before an in-depth review. The center light doesn’t come on at all.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Thanks for the input! I’ll definitely check out your site. I need to use it more before an in-depth review. The center light doesn’t come on at all.
Weird. It is wired as a position light to only be on when you turn on the headlights vs a brake light. That is a requirement in Canada. I re-wired mine to act as a brake light but in order to do this it also blinks when I use my right turn signal. That was a matter of moving the wire from the taillight post in the 7 pin junction box to the right brake light post. I hope you can get things sorted out.

I agree it takes time to go out and get to know the trailer before you can write a thorough review.

phxdsrtrat

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Glendale, AZ
First Name
Curtiss
Last Name
S
Member #

Weird. It is wired as a position light to only be on when you turn on the headlights vs a brake light. That is a requirement in Canada. I re-wired mine to act as a brake light but in order to do this it also blinks when I use my right turn signal. That was a matter of moving the wire from the taillight post in the 7 pin junction box to the right brake light post. I hope you can get things sorted out.

I agree it takes time to go out and get to know the trailer before you can write a thorough review.
You will need something like this Third Brakelight Converter to keep the center brake light from blinking on your trailer.

-Curtiss

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
What is the tongue weight on that trailer. I have been eyeing the expedition.
All specs are on the Off Grid website. Around 300 lbs. it depends on the water tank level.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
i bought a similar style trailer from Forest River last year and the build quality is no where near what you have. that is a VERY nice camper trailer!

Reactions: 1Louder