Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Trail Blazer 2.0 Pants

So recently I was at Overland Expo East and was looking for something special. I had been perusing Instagram and because of the algorithms that track all of our lives on the internet I was presented with an ad from Off the Grid Surplus, an apparel company. They had an ad for their new Trailblazer 2.0 pants that looked off the charts. As I began to investigate these britches I decided I wanted a pair for myself. Being that they were $69 was a bit hesitant to order because I have a hard time fitting pants because of my squaty body shape. I saw that they were going to be at the Overland Expo East. I decided since I was going to be there I would simply buy pair there after trying them on. The Expo was an amazingly muddy affair. I went to the OTG booth and after digging through the boxes they finally found me a pair in my size. Because of the weather though I didn't want to muddy them up simply trying them on and if they didn't fit OTG would now own a muddy pair of pants. They agreed and appreciated the forethought. Once I got home I immediately tried them on and I was so impressed. the material is 98% cotton and 2% spandex which gives them a stretchy quality. There are pockets everywhere without feeling like your wearing your dad's cargo pants. There are even two "mag" pockets. Since I'm not much of a gun guy I guess I'll find another use for them. The seams are triple stitched and the knees are pre-bent. There are some very specific care instructions so be careful when washing. Look for a long term review in the next few months....

GEAR REVIEWS

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Just bought a third pair of the 2.0 and the 1.0...love them both...3.0 should be dropping from them soon and with new color ways...I wish they would make shorts

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
Just bought a third pair of the 2.0 and the 1.0...love them both...3.0 should be dropping from them soon and with new color ways...I wish they would make shorts
I just popped over to their site. Looks like shorts are gonna drop in July. I might have to check these pants out for both work and play applications. Thanks for the review!

Reactions: Overland Omnivore

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I have 2 pair and while I really like them they shrink terribly if we put them in the dryer. You can sorta stretch them back out if you get them wet again. The waist is a little loose and the legs are tight. I'm 6'3" and 175lbs with chicken legs. These pants should not look like skinny jeans on me but they almost do.

This is before shrinkage. They stretch back out to look like this again if you wash, stretch out the legs widthwise then hang them to dry.

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Yeah you do need to follow the instruction that came on the label....I haven't had a problem with any of mine...I now have 4 pair and wear them daily. My build is the exact opposite of yours...I'm a squaty body and really appreciate the stretch fabric.