"Off the Grid" Fall 2017

• HTML tutorial

Cayenne

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Union City, CA 94587
Member #

I feel you. My passengers are not making it. Whether someone can use my unused passenger pass or not I am still going. I would like to give this to another group, if possible.
I will be interested in a passenger pass. Please let me know if still available.

Dana

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

I will be interested in a passenger pass. Please let me know if still available.
Yes it is available. I think we just need to email the OB team. My passenger did fill out the info form. So your passenger might have to go by the name of Sean, hahaha and have an XL T-shirt. I doubt they can change any of that this late in the game but....

Cayenne

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Union City, CA 94587
Member #

Yes it is available. I think we just need to email the OB team. My passenger did fill out the info form. So your passenger might have to go by the name of Sean, hahaha and have an XL T-shirt. I doubt they can change any of that this late in the game but....
I understand that. Please let me know how can I get the ticket, my little cousin really wants to join us for this event. I will PM you for my email address.

Dana

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

Also, what's your expected travel speed. I don't want to slow you down in my big old 80 series... I don't like driving above 65.
I am leaving Reno early and think Sac by around 8ish. I don't drive fast in mine either. 99 is one of those crazy roads with short on ramps and road crossings in some places. I like slow and easy.

Reactions: 85Blazer-Keat

Fuegonaz

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Arizona
Member #

Ok, I know its last minute. I was watching the OTG video and Corrie and Michael talk about the trail being "rutted out"! So wondering on how rutted? How technical the trail is? How high of clearance do we need. I have a JK that would be no problem but would like to take my Ford Excursion with a 2inch lift 4wd that hold a lot more gear???? I've taken both out and both capable just wondering who's been up there lately?

Jesse_Ferrer

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor I

I want everyone here to know attending OTG. DO NOT disrespect the locals. I am a local to Central Valley bald Mtn is my backyard. At last years event a couple locals from sanger have informed the local community that certain OB members making comments towards their rigs which was unacceptable! Also I would like to mention if this event is as big as you make it to be I hope the proper permit was received. Every year this is a huge event, I unintentionally was at 2015 OTG just wheeling with my buddies and we ended up in the photo shoot. I have seen how big this event gets and with that many rigs and that man INEXPERIENCED drivers the OB event caused a lot of damage. I say inexperienced because I have never seen people needing a spot going up the easy way of bald. With that being said I hope unlike last year the OB community DONATES money to "Clovis Independent 4 Wheelers" as a THANK YOU for maintaining the trail. There are locals on that trail everyday. DO NOT cause a traffic jam on that trail. 2015 we were in a rush to get down luckily we knew the alternate routes to get around people or we would've been stuck on that trail for hours.

Last edited:

Jesse_Ferrer

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ok, I know its last minute. I was watching the OTG video and Corrie and Michael talk about the trail being "rutted out"! So wondering on how rutted? How technical the trail is? How high of clearance do we need. I have a JK that would be no problem but would like to take my Ford Excursion with a 2inch lift 4wd that hold a lot more gear???? I've taken both out and both capable just wondering who's been up there lately?
Stock rigs making up bald. How do I know you may ask. Because myself and other locals have done it stock.