Founder 500

Explorer I

Ridgecrest, California, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
EWM
Member #

How do you carry your tools? Over the years I have been through a few methods; tool bags, a crate, piled behind my back seat on the floor. But, in this video I do a long term review of a Tuffy Underseat Drawer as my toolbox.

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

That's cool in a wrangler where you are space limited. I have an adventure tool company shop roll and some of their pouches I use for spare electrical parts, etc. Everything goes in frontrunner wolfpack boxes in the bed. If I was to have a drawer system I'd rather put cooking stuff in there.

Embark With Mark

Rank V
Founder 500

Explorer I

Ridgecrest, California, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
EWM
Member #

That's cool in a wrangler where you are space limited. I have an adventure tool company shop roll and some of their pouches I use for spare electrical parts, etc. Everything goes in frontrunner wolfpack boxes in the bed. If I was to have a drawer system I'd rather put cooking stuff in there.
A truck bed is rather nice for gear storage haha! I have looked at putting our cooking stuff in the drawer, but honestly we just don't have enough cooking gear to utilize this drawer properly. I am currently working on paring our stuff down even more. Less stuff is just better haha.

Zargon

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

A quick note about carrying tools, its pretty important to have actually used the tools you carry. I carry out all my maintenance, repairs, and upgrades using only the tools I have in my rover. If I can't work on the rover in my driveway with those tools they certainly wont work out in the mountains.

In the rover I have a set of drawers (Hastily built before a trip and needs to be replaced) in which I keep the left drawer filled with any bulkier tools, spares, and an old ammo box filled with all my wrenches and sockets. (some smaller spares as well as recovery gear is in the right hand drawer)

And in addition I bring along my work peli-case for any longer trips that I just chuck in the back (Due to my line of work it contains tons of useful bits for quickly diagnosing and fixing problems).

(Not my rover, but to explain how it just gets tossed in the back)