Launch Member

Member II

Williamson County, Texas, United States
First Name
James
Last Name
Prescott
Member #

I’m located in Georgetown TX. I need training on how to properly use a winch and related equipment. There appears to be a firm called “Off Camber” in Llano. Anyone familiar with them or know of another training resource? Thanks!

Reactions: Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Going out with a local group will often provide this kind of training; whether that is recovering a stuck vehicle or a trail cleanup event (winching downed trees out of the way, etc.). You can look at Rally Point to find or create a group event. I have learned a ton about recovery from doing group runs and got to watch/help a good friend execute his first recovery last weekend (it was awesome). I am a big fan of the YouTube offroad recovery channels and was amazed at how much of what I see on those channels sticks with me. For instance Casey LaDelle, TrailMater or Matt's Offroad Recovery are good ones IMO.

Reactions: PacingTheCage

PacingTheCage

Rank III
Launch Member

Member II

Williamson County, Texas, United States
First Name
James
Last Name
Prescott
Member #

Going out with a local group will often provide this kind of training; whether that is recovering a stuck vehicle or a trail cleanup event (winching downed trees out of the way, etc.). You can look at Rally Point to find or create a group event. I have learned a ton about recovery from doing group runs and got to watch/help a good friend execute his first recovery last weekend (it was awesome). I am a big fan of the YouTube offroad recovery channels and was amazed at how much of what I see on those channels sticks with me. For instance Casey LaDelle, TrailMater or Matt's Offroad Recovery are good ones IMO.
Thanks!

Reactions: Ubiety