Rob
Last Name
Irwin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6VUL
Service Branch
USMC
You have the most uncanny ability to plan things on days I work! Given that I work every other weekend I guess it’s not too surprising. I’m really looking forward to being able to get together with y’all someday, but not this time.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
You have the most uncanny ability to plan things on days I work! Given that I work every other weekend I guess it’s not too surprising. I’m really looking forward to being able to get together with y’all someday, but not this time.
This is going to be a regular event and if you want to go up there with us November 17 for the clean up you can run the trail also.

Reactions: WrightRunner

RedRob

Rank V

Traveler III

Sonora, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Irwin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6VUL
Service Branch
USMC
This is going to be a regular event and if you want to go up there with us November 17 for the clean up you can run the trail also.
Well of course I work that day too! I’ll get up there someday.

SVgarage

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Livermore, California
First Name
Eddy
Last Name
Louis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BOH
I can't even believe that this event is planned on a Sunday (my day off)! Most good single day events occur on Saturdays. I'll be there! How can I pass this up?

SVgarage

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Livermore, California
First Name
Eddy
Last Name
Louis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BOH
So who's going to be heading up this event? Kent, I noticed that you're on the "maybe" list. I'm really not up for driving up a few hours to find that no one knows what's going on.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
This is a Sierra Foothills Club event on our adopted trail. Klinton Kehoe is running the practice session, he is an extremely experienced off road driver and heads our training program for all new members. We will have several of our more experienced people there spotting and giving pointers. One of our members used to work for Jeep USA and has run the Rubicon too many times to remember, he no longer does that but his experience is invaluable.

Klinton started this program after seeing that some OLB members on trips that where new to off roading and hesitated to ask questions or explore the capabilities of their rigs. The Sierra Foothills Overlanders mission is Education, Outfit and Explore.

The only reason I am on the maybe list is that we will be at the Chappie-Shasta post wildfire recovery project Friday & Saturday leaving early Sunday morning from just north or Redding. I don't see any reason I wouldn't be at the trail around 1000 hrs.

As for driving a couple of hours for this thats up to you, all I can guarantee is that the trail is awesome for utilizing all the equipment on your vehicle and the people there will be very helpful and non judgmental. And the view at the top is very cool.

Reactions: SVgarage

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
So who's going to be heading up this event? Kent, I noticed that you're on the "maybe" list. I'm really not up for driving up a few hours to find that no one knows what's going on.
Just realized why I am on the maybe, we only wanted participants to reply as going since it is limited to 10 participants.

Reactions: SVgarage

Rosie the Runner

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Cameron Park, CA, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Mannering
Member #

Hi Svgarage and Kent.
My wife and I will be attending on Sunday. We are brand new to offroading. Other than our own provisions is there anything else we should be bringing?

We are really looking forward to meeting everyone.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Svgarage and Kent.
My wife and I will be attending on Sunday. We are brand new to offroading. Other than our own provisions is there anything else we should be bringing?

We are really looking forward to meeting everyone.
Bring what ever gear you might have for recovery just for a review.

JKU Ray

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Cameron Park
First Name
Ray
Last Name
Antar
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BJQ
Not sure if i'll be at the meeting tonight but my family and I will meet the group at the Fresh Pond meeting point at 10:30 Sunday. Looking forward to it!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
This practice session is almost full, once its at 10 we need to cut it off. One more to go.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
This is a Sierra Foothills Club event on our adopted trail. Klinton Kehoe is running the practice session, he is an extremely experienced off road driver and heads our training program for all new members. We will have several of our more experienced people there spotting and giving pointers. One of our members used to work for Jeep USA and has run the Rubicon too many times to remember, he no longer does that but his experience is invaluable.

Klinton started this program after seeing that some OLB members on trips that where new to off roading and hesitated to ask questions or explore the capabilities of their rigs. The Sierra Foothills Overlanders mission is Education, Outfit and Explore.

The only reason I am on the maybe list is that we will be at the Chappie-Shasta post wildfire recovery project Friday & Saturday leaving early Sunday morning from just north or Redding. I don't see any reason I wouldn't be at the trail around 1000 hrs.

As for driving a couple of hours for this thats up to you, all I can guarantee is that the trail is awesome for utilizing all the equipment on your vehicle and the people there will be very helpful and non judgmental. And the view at the top is very cool.
@Michael

xplorr

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

A big thank you to Klinton and the gang for putting this together. It was a great learning experience for me and I had a blast getting out into the woods.

- Michael in the stock GX460

Reactions: DaveD and SVgarage

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Last edited:

Rosie the Runner

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Cameron Park, CA, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Mannering
Member #

Thank you to everyone! Mirek I really appreciate all of the help and 4runner expertise.

I'm looking forward to heading out again soon.

Ray I hope you and the family made it home alright and the rig gets fixed up real quick.

Brad and Tess in the stock gray 4runner

Reactions: xplorr

SVgarage

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Livermore, California
First Name
Eddy
Last Name
Louis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BOH
It was great getting out there meeting some members of OB and Sierra Foothills Overlanders. Good, safe fun having an opportunity to experience some new trails and practicing skills! A special shout-out to Kent and Klinton for putting this together for us!