Launch Member

Traveler I

Victorville, CA, USA
First Name
Gil
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

I’m planning a weekend get away and I’m looking for off road camping sites between Lone Pine ane Bishop, California. I can handle easy to moderate off roads. We’re a family of four (2 youngsters) who want to fish. Would you please recommend camping sites near creeks or lakes around this area. Your feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Norcalocal

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sacramento, ca
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Brodsky
This is a great area for exploring, so much in the area. Owens river is an obvious choice for fishing. Many mountain lakes are in the region. Depending on the type of camping you're looking for: car camping at north lake, or back country via 4x4 trail at funnel lake. Pull up a map and look around. The area is abundant in what you're asking for. Keep in mind that the Owens valley gets daytime hot until fall.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

There is dispersed camping in the buttermilk’s by Bishop, but it is dry. Look at some of the trail heads for those passes as you go up. Many have a stream and nobody there.

Doc Foster

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Frederick, MD
First Name
JAY
Last Name
FOSTER
It you want to get up into the high country for a day or two, I highly recommend Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest just up the road from Big Pine. No fishing, but there is a primitive campground.

Reactions: Yaniv05