Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Bought a Dana 60 out of a 2007 F350 a couple years back, with all the suspension and stuff - just need to get the time set aside to do the conversion.

Need to stop planning trips so I can get on it. LOL

View attachment 96727
Will both your diff pumpkins be on the same side of the truck. In your case the drivers side ? Will you be cutting and grafting this on to your frame or can you adapt all this suspension to your existing frame after you remove your front suspension ? I know it's a big job and not easy without a lift of some sort, do you have access to a lift ? What kind of cars do you usually carry on your trailer. Because the front end is wider than the trailer wheel runners, (tracks) it looks like you haul smaller cars or sprint cars on it, or are trucks that much wider than cars ? I have a similar trailer I built back in 1968 without springs for hauling my stock cars. I still have it but I need to replace the 2x12 board runners I used because I couldn't afford steel runners. Good luck on your front axel swap, I'd love to help you if I were close enough. oorahhh Daryl 32

Daryl 32

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Corona, Ca
Member #

Trailer was bought for a much smaller car, 1979 BMW 320/6. Currently running a 185hp 2.5lt M20.

Trailer was bought from someone who used it to carry SCORE class 6 VW bug.

4X4 conversion of a Super duty is pretty easy as the 2wd and 4wd frames are the same. Basically just need to remove the stock suspension mounts and bolt on the 4x4 mounts and steering. The 2007 Super duty 4x4 is coil front suspension so makes it even easier.

Thank for the offer of help, have offers from a couple of SoCal guys and my son. Should get most of the suspension done in a weekend.

7-16 D.jpg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
MINE IS A 2002 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER (STOCK 4 NOW)

SEEN THIS ONE ON CRAIGLIST WILMINGTON,N.C. $4,700
What ?? that doesn't look like a trailblazer to me.. Your pulling our leg HUH !
Trailer was bought for a much smaller car, 1979 BMW 320/6. Currently running a 185hp 2.5lt M20.

Trailer was bought from someone who used it to carry SCORE class 6 VW bug.

4X4 conversion of a Super duty is pretty easy as the 2wd and 4wd frames are the same. Basically just need to remove the stock suspension mounts and bolt on the 4x4 mounts and steering. The 2007 Super duty 4x4 is coil front suspension so makes it even easier.

Thank for the offer of help, have offers from a couple of SoCal guys and my son. Should get most of the suspension done in a weekend.

View attachment 96849
Are you switching to a standard transmission with a transfer case or stay with your current auto transmission ? Sooo, you do race cars too. I thought the trailer looked like a race car hauler ! cool

Bigt8ter

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Holden Beach, N.C.
First Name
ROB
Last Name
JUSTICE
What ?? that doesn't look like a trailblazer to me.. Your pulling our leg HUH !

Are you switching to a standard transmission with a transfer case or stay with your current auto transmission ? Sooo, you do race cars too. I thought the trailer looked like a race car hauler ! cool
THE PHOTOS ARE OF A MIATA ( I JUST THOUGHT IT WAS APPROPRIATE FOR THIS ODDBALL THREAD.)

Daryl 32

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Corona, Ca
Member #

Staying with the stock Auto - way to costly to switch to a manual. And I like the auto in traffic which we have a lot of here in So Cal.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I like them too. My Dodge is automatic and it's great for off roading for me. No doubt you will have a much better rig with the 4 wheel drive. :grinning:

Reactions: Daryl 32

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
An International Scout was what I really wanted when I bought the XJ. I went with the XJ because I knew that if I bought the Scout I would be building it until long after The Varmints were grown and out of the house. I decided we would be best off picking the quicker, simpler route so that we could get out there and enjoy the outdoors rather than give up the years I would spend building a really cool rig. Darn compromises.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
An International Scout was what I really wanted when I bought the XJ. I went with the XJ because I knew that if I bought the Scout I would be building it until long after The Varmints were grown and out of the house. I decided we would be best off picking the quicker, simpler route so that we could get out there and enjoy the outdoors rather than give up the years I would spend building a really cool rig. Darn compromises.
Get those varmints out there , they grow faster than you think. Mine got away to soon for me. Still building my dream when I can generate enough strength to do the work it needs. Going to quit for now and just go with my Scamp and Escape this year. I may not be around next year.

Reactions: Anak

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
Get those varmints out there , they grow faster than you think. Mine got away to soon for me. Still building my dream when I can generate enough strength to do the work it needs. Going to quit for now and just go with my Scamp and Escape this year. I may not be around next year.
I am.

White Rim trail is on the agenda for next month.