Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Anyone else running these? I've read some pretty terrific reviews on this tire that looks very M/T but is in fact an R/Tl and rated as an 8-ply D load. They do have a 10-ply E but tough er to find. A bit rounder profile and at 10.5 should keep most of the tire under OEM fenders on JK/JL/JT models with adequate backspacing.

315/10.5/17 measures out to essentially a 34" (280/80/17)
Balances easily
Has proven itself in rain, snow, mud, loose gravel
As quiet as most A/T's, quieter than any M/T it compared to
3-ply sidewall and D load (nice middle ground)
Price point is excellent in a $ per mile comparison ($712 for 4 OTD at Wallyworld)
Priced better than any 285/75/17 (34") A/T or M/T Ive found

Attachments

Reactions: MazeVX

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Was aware of the 35/10.50R17

You sure of that nomenclature, because it is blending two separate and uniquely different measurement systems?

I am seriously considering this tire for my Gladiator.

Reactions: velo47

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

They list it as 315/10.5/17. Its not technically correct, but I think they are just marketing to the 35" crowd. I just ordered some for my JKU. Read a report from a guy who has 15k on his and says its the best tire choice for his JK he has ever made. He measured his with 32psi, mounted at 34.5" non weight bearing on an 8.5" wide rim. Drops to a fraction under 34" under load on his JK.

Last edited:

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Yep regardless of nomenclature I am interested in this tire. I think most (almost all) manufacturers are missing the boat on taller tires that don't require wheel re-fitment.

I don't want to replace wheels and would like a slightly taller tire on my JTR and there just isn't much out there. Even Jeep Performance beadlocks are 8" width which is to narrow for a 12.50 section width tire, I really don't understand why they did that. 8.5 is pretty much the minimum recommended width for 12.50's from any manufacturer, so Jeep builds an 8.0" wheel.

ETA: I had 5 of the Kendas in my cart at WaMa.com @$156 each and slept on it for a few days and they went back up, but they are very attractively priced @ $166. I do however have some concerns with tearing one up on the road and there being zero availability. I'm going to run the Falkens out that came on it and see where this goes.

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

I abused my KO2's and didnt go back to them. They did get loud after 40k miles, so we will see how these fair now. If anything, their prices went up a flat 5% across all platforms. I couldn't justify a company flat rating prices.

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

So I ordered, installed, realigned and have put about 1,000 miles on these thus far. My notes thus far

There was one tire that took quite a bit more weight than the others to balance. Not enough to cause concern, but it was an interesting fact.

Wear has been excellent. Started at 32psi on a 40°F day which grew to 37psi at temp on a 75°F day. Dropped to 30psi cold and after a longer trip this weekend settles in at 33psi. Very smooth running, reasonably quiet considering the tread pattern.

Had a couple miles long sloppy mud/water trail I ran out in Turkey, Texas. Zero issues. Fjorded standing water at hwy speed as if it weren't there. No play in the wheel, just the slight slowing of speed in the water. Narrower than a 12.5 it stays inside the fender except the rounded outer edge. Had some mud spray on the sides of the rig but over all, not so bad.

Heading to the cabin this weekend and it will get its first paces through mud, dirt, small/med/large rocks, steep craggy hill climb, snow and ice. Great looking and performing tire thus far. Happy I took the chance on it.

20200213_172503_HDR_edited.jpg20200213_172549_HDR_edited.jpg

Bertalmio

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Reno
First Name
Asron
Last Name
Bertalmio
Member #

I run these on a 2016 LR4 on compomotive 18s. Needed 1.5 inch lift to fit, but no spacers and just very slight rubbing at full wheel lock.

Have 500 miles on them

i have the 10-ply E - thought i roughed up the sidewalls on the trails, but no damage - these seem very tough

Great off road, overall . No complaints. Can run at low psi (30) without problem

agree with previous post - quieter than expected at highway speeds - low "hum" is a good description.

Last edited:
Reactions: USStrongman

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Ive had them everywhere now but snow. Never missed a beat. Heavy rain has not been an issue. Summer t-storms here dump a lot of rain fast and out streets do not empty fast. Hitting 3"+ water on the freeway and they tracked true. The other thing is how quiet they are windows down at 45mph and they have a quiet hum, not typical of with other aggressive treaded tires.

KMDADV

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Trivoli, IL, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Deppermann
Member #

A co-worker of mine runs them on his Jeep. He reports that they are more quiet than expected. He likes them an recommended them to me, for whatever that’s worth.