Odd Ball rigs. Who else has an outside of the norm rig?

• HTML tutorial

Ta2Doc

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgetown, KY, USA
First Name
Brady
Last Name
Robinette
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4RRX
Do you have a build thread? Looks like an awesome project that should be extremely capable.

-TJ
Yeah... most of a build thread anyway, enough to get a flavor.
It's updated through the initial build-up phase. Currently, she's all torn back down for plumbing and electrical wiring. Hopefully on the road in the next 45 days or so. I was figuring 18 months, and its now close to 24, so starting to get a bit jumpy.

Reactions: 64Trvlr

64Trvlr

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Northern AZ
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Trvlr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7NAZ
Service Branch
MM1 US Navy
Yeah... most of a build thread anyway, enough to get a flavor.
It's updated through the initial build-up phase. Currently, she's all torn back down for plumbing and electrical wiring. Hopefully on the road in the next 45 days or so. I was figuring 18 months, and its now close to 24, so starting to get a bit jumpy.
So, in other words it's going just fine.

I tore mine down 5 years ago to swap cams and heads, just now starting to get things back together.

utherjorge

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Warren, PA
Member #

As you can see my my avatar, I had a Rocky: I spent a lot of time to get it running, but two head gaskets in 300 miles was enough for me. No good locations for a new engine in the US that doesn't already have cooling problems.

Still have a "perfect" dashboard and soft top and other miscellaneous parts I'm shedding. The good news is that the part shedding went right to my next rig, which will be a '98 Isuzu Amigo.

rtexpeditions

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Treloyn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK7VWK
One of my other rigs.
I've had this rig for 20 years now. It's been neglected of late due to a lack of funds but it is back on track to be my offroad vehicle.
1993 Nissan Terrano (diesel version of the Pathfinder). It is a former Japanese Vehicle, as in once registered in Japan. I've had it since it arrived in Australia.
Since I've had it I've fitted a lift kit, snorkel, long-range fuel tank and cargo barrier.
The TD27 diesel is bombproof but not the cleanest as far as pollution.
P1010611_crop.jpg

Last edited: