OBX Anyone?

• HTML tutorial

Ratrod98

Rank 0

Traveler I

I understand this may be in the wrong forum and really short notice. BUT a couple buddies and I will be in OBX this weekend and plan to spend most of our time on the beach. We range from a lifted 4wd E350 to wranglers. If your interested in wheeling on the beach, send me a message. Oh, if I screwed up and popped this in the wrong forum, please let me where I should have dropped this. Thanks!!

Reactions: Jrfelkins

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

I love the OBX. I camped there back in 2006 with my brothers. It was when a hurricane was coming up the coast and we got flooded out of our tents and so we resorted to sleeping in the Suburban. It was a crazy few days out there and the tide was crucial. I will be going back here soon up from FL with a few people. - Nickzero

Ratrod98

Rank 0

Traveler I

I love the OBX. I camped there back in 2006 with my brothers. It was when a hurricane was coming up the coast and we got flooded out of our tents and so we resorted to sleeping in the Suburban. It was a crazy few days out there and the tide was crucial. I will be going back here soon up from FL with a few people. - Nickzero
Im in the area often. Shoot me a message and maybe we can get some rigs on the sand.

Reactions: Nickzero

Lost Texan

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Winterville, NC
Member #

I am going out there in late August, I believe Nags Head area is where my wife rented the house. How easy is it to get stuck and what critical recovery gear should I bring? I plan on heading up to Corolla to see the horses while we are there.

RPDjeep

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Clayton, NC
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Foran
Member #

Rented a house in the 4x4 beach area (Carova Beach)for the week.IMG_0140.JPGIMG_0141.JPGIMG_0139.JPGIMG_0150.JPGIMG_0157.JPGIMG_0158.JPGIMG_0168.JPGIMG_0151.JPG

Ratrod98

Rank 0

Traveler I

I am going out there in late August, I believe Nags Head area is where my wife rented the house. How easy is it to get stuck and what critical recovery gear should I bring? I plan on heading up to Corolla to see the horses while we are there.
Texan, almost missed your post. Corolla is a great place to go see the horses and an easy place to wheel. The beach is so packed that I deflate my tires and can run in 2wd all day. The picture I posted above is north of Corolla on NC12 at the state border. If you want a beach challenge, go south to Hatteras. Beach access costs $$ but its so beautiful. Bring a way to deflate tires, air pump, shovel, some type of traction boards and a tow strap. Hit me up if you have any more questions.

Lost Texan

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Winterville, NC
Member #

Texan, almost missed your post. Corolla is a great place to go see the horses and an easy place to wheel. The beach is so packed that I deflate my tires and can run in 2wd all day. The picture I posted above is north of Corolla on NC12 at the state border. If you want a beach challenge, go south to Hatteras. Beach access costs $$ but its so beautiful. Bring a way to deflate tires, air pump, shovel, some type of traction boards and a tow strap. Hit me up if you have any more questions.
Awesome thanks. I will be out there the weekend of August 24th. Probably going to stay north when we go since we will have my brother and sister-in-law visiting and they may not have as much fun digging my truck out as I will.

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

South is much better but you do have to get a 4 wheel permit. 10 day is $50 or annual pass which we sprung for is $120. Although a 12 hour drive we plan on going back and this time I'm taking my saltwater fishing gear. Next trip is March/April 2019'. Ocracoke Island also offers wheeling opportunities.