OBSW Trip to the Jemez Mountains in NM.

• HTML tutorial

Overland 505

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Member #

Be fore warned though it’s Labor Day weekend so camping will probably be slim pickings. The route is not set in stone yet. It’ll start at the Gilman Tunnels and at some point we’ll go by Tea Kettle rock. Anything in between is subject to change.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

DocTorres112

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Torres
Member #

Was planning on the big bend trip this weekend but the Army had other plans, that said, this shorter trip will still allow me to get out and take my 8 and 5 year old sons w/ me.

I RSVPd on the rally point, but was curious if anyone else is camping Friday or Saturday night. My kiddos have expectations considering I already hyped them up on the other trip.

Thanks,
-Chris

DanR

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Silverdale, WA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Was planning on the big bend trip this weekend but the Army had other plans, that said, this shorter trip will still allow me to get out and take my 8 and 5 year old sons w/ me.

I RSVPd on the rally point, but was curious if anyone else is camping Friday or Saturday night. My kiddos have expectations considering I already hyped them up on the other trip.

Thanks,
-Chris
Chris, I've got two little ones about those ages; we are finalizing the decision to go, and want to camp at least Saturday night.

Reactions: Smidee

Smidee

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Albuquerque New Mexico
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Service Branch
Army/national guard
Doc and Dan. I'm all for camping. We could go up early and have the group meet us after the tunnels?

DocTorres112

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Torres
Member #

Chris, I've got two little ones about those ages; we are finalizing the decision to go, and want to camp at least Saturday night.
Dan, sounds good. Let me know as my kids will be excited to hear there will be other little ones out there. I actually have 4 boys, but the 3 and 1 year old will be staying home w/ my wife.

Hopefully you can make it!

-Chris

Reactions: DanR

DocTorres112

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Torres
Member #

What are the chances we can check out the San Antonio hot spings during the route? I've read a lot about that place.

-Chris

Overland 505

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Member #

Doc Dan and I will be in this area Lat 35.8515 Long -106.7711. We should have camp closed around 0800 Saturday morning, and trucks lined up ready to join the convoy.

Ok so who is going to be where? Who’s gonna be at Home Depot Saturday morning? Who’s camping Friday night in the Jemez?

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

Can't make this trip - will be in Colorado Spring and area, but def want to do the tunnels and local trails another time

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Reactions: Overland 505