OB Power in the Back Video

• HTML tutorial

Dur66

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Hello,
I've watched Michael's video for adding electrical power to the back of his Landcruiser.

Does anyone know the part numbers to the relays/circuit breakers that he used? I've emailed, but never heard back.
Fantastic video by the way.
Durwin

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello,
I've watched Michael's video for adding electrical power to the back of his Landcruiser.

Does anyone know the part numbers to the relays/circuit breakers that he used? I've emailed, but never heard back.
Durwin
For my rig I used a blade style fuse box, they can be branded like BlueSea or not, and a 100A bluesea circuit breaker. Wired to the battery the fuse panel gives you protection should you get a short, and the circuit breaker protects the main fuse block and is a handy shut off switch as you work on accessories like a rear panel. As far as rear panels there are many to choose from, search BlueSea or Waterwich. I put a panel in the back, it tells me my voltage, powers a fridge, and has 3 switches. With those switches I can turn on my compressor and some lights. The options are pretty limited as to what you can do and it’s not too hard of an install

Dur66

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

I had the Genesis dual battery system installed as well as the Power In the Back modification that Michael had given me the idea for. Lehr Auto Electric did a great job including making a custom mount to go on top of the battery for the circuit breaker and putting another bracket behind the Goose Gear cubbie to get to the fuse block.

Next is to get some touch up paint so I can touch up the bare metal spots that were created when I used a Dremel tool to cut off some studs down of the floor and on the side wall of the Jeep. Then I have to mount the rear door hinge screws to the side cubbie. Really simple stuff but I want to do it right.

This setup will be the groundwork for an eventual solar system to be used when the Jeep is stationary for a few days. If anyone is contemplating doing this for themselves, I was told that it's important to have the circuit breaker as close to the battery as possible. I didn't know that. I was going to mount it next to the fuse block that you see in the picture. Guess that's why Michael mounted his under the hood.....

The final goal of this is to support overlanding trips to Mexico. Eventually. I wish I could just take out the credit card and do it all at once and just start planning trips, but.....

If you all have any questions, let me know. I'll do my best to answer them.

Attachments

Reactions: PapaDave

LostMayhem

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Jersey
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Maccione
Member #

Hello,

Durwin
Where did you find this video? Can’t seem to locate it.