Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Love all the pics here. I'm a bit jelly of all the awesome 4wd's available in Australia - we mostly get boring crossover potato cars in NA. We are extremely blessed when it comes to wild places. Where I live in BC there are many times more forestry tracks than there are paved roads, by a large margin.

I have fond memories of visiting Holland with the Canadian Army in 2005 for the 60th anniversary of the liberation. Amazing country and lovely people.

Here's a couple pics from my more recent adventures:
IMG_20180211_174654566_HDR.jpg IMG_20170705_113714824_HDR.jpg
Told ya we have narrow tracks in BC! This poor fella couldn't get out - you can see the broken rope where they tried to pull him out. Pretty sure that truck isn't 4x4, and those are some crappy street tires on it. This track was barely wide enough for the 50" UTV, so not sure what this guy was thinking.

Last edited:

Luis Merlo

OB1962

Influencer II

Collingwood Park, Queensland,4301
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Merlo
Member #

Love all the pics here. I'm a bit jelly of all the awesome 4wd's available in Australia - we mostly get boring crossover potato cars in NA. We are extremely blessed when it comes to wild places. Where I live in BC there are many times more forestry tracks than there are paved roads, by a large margin.

I have fond memories of visiting Holland with the Canadian Army in 2005 for the 60th anniversary of the liberation. Amazing country and lovely people.

Here's a couple pics from my more recent adventures:
View attachment 63042 View attachment 63043
Told ya we have narrow tracks in BC! This poor fella couldn't get out - you can see the broken rope where they tried to pull him out. Pretty sure that truck isn't 4x4, and those are some crappy street tires on it. This track was barely wide enough for the 50" UTV, so not sure what this guy was thinking.
wow !

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Yes agreed, I love the trips but its the people you travel with and meet along the way that make it memorable.

_DSC8149.jpg
Yalova, Turkey with Overland Anatolia 2017

Snip20190113_1.png
Morocco 2017

_DAS2079.jpg
Kazakhstan 2018

_DAS2619.jpg
Mongolia 2018

IMG_4636.jpg
Mongolia 2018

_DAS3637.jpg
Pamir Highway 4655m,Tajikistan 2018

IMG_5625.jpg
Guy and Shaz, Kazakhstan 2018

Gustavo Amaral

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

São Paulo, Brazil
First Name
Gustavo
Last Name
Amaral
Member #

We went by ourselves. Actually, some overland friends scheduled a meeting in Uyuni (Bolivia) on Jan 4, and there started a trip over the "Ruta de las Lagunas" until San Pedro de Atacama (Chile). It was a 4 days crossing deserts, salt deserts, between lakes, volcanoes and specials views of Andes Mountains. It was amazing!!! I highly recommend this trip!!!

Did you guys go on your own, or as part of an organized tour?[/QUOT
Did you guys go on your own, or as part of an organized tour?