Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Good Morning North Dakota

I created this thread for each of you to introduce yourself. Tell us all about your family, you and your rig. Share pictures and get to know others in your state. I will start.

I learned about overlanding last year and have since outfitted my 2015 JKU Rubicon to go anywhere I want. I love getting out in the open air to rock crawl, camp or just go for a drive. I usually head out somewhere every weekend as soon as I clock out of work at 4 pm on Friday.

My Jeep was stock last year until I was in Moab horse back riding and decided to hot a few trails and see what the fuss was all about. WOW what an experience and I have been going full force since.

My goal is to be able to run Baja for a week next year.

Your turn!!!

Attachments

Reactions: huf67

knkunz

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Kunz
Member #

Hello everyone, I’m a year into overlanding. My first trip was with my 22 year old son. Trying to build on that father son bond. We went from ND to Southern California and back up through Oregon, Washington, Montana and Wyoming last November. It was a pretty great trip. I started with a new 2017 tundra off road and built her up. Of course we all know that never ends. Currently getting ready to hit the TAT in July. 4 weeks of no work , no phone and a lot of dirt! Can’t wait. Most of my pictures are on Instagram @knkunz.

Reactions: huf67

HankinWI

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

La Crosse, La Crosse County, Wisconsin, United States
First Name
Hank
Last Name
Brinlee
Member #

Hank from Grand Forks, ND. Recently moved here from lovely Colorado. Currently drive a stock 2018 JLR, plan on staying relatively stock...may add some storage and practice my own form of "Overlanding". I characterize it as "Overlanding Lite"...pretty much has to be due to limited storage on the JLR... :blush:

Reactions: knkunz

UnderPressure

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Okc
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Brooks
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5YRP
Hi, I’m an Oklahoma transplant working in west central ND. I’ve only been here a few weeks. More weeks to come.
What, when, where is this big sky rally?
IMG_8292.JPG
This is my JLUR. If you happen to see me rolling around, wave!

knkunz

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Kunz
Member #

Hi, I’m an Oklahoma transplant working in west central ND. I’ve only been here a few weeks. More weeks to come.
What, when, where is this big sky rally?
View attachment 101019
This is my JLUR. If you happen to see me rolling around, wave!
What part of the wonderful state of ND are in you in. I’m out of Minot. Big sky rally is the end of the month roughly. Good time I hear. Never been. Bunch of vendors and some trail runs

UnderPressure

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Okc
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Brooks
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5YRP
What part of the wonderful state of ND are in you in. I’m out of Minot. Big sky rally is the end of the month roughly. Good time I hear. Never been. Bunch of vendors and some trail runs
Your tundra is slick. My wife had an asphalt princess 2014 1794 edition. Traded it for a ‘17 Tacoma TRD off-road

I’m just a skip to the west of minot. Stanley/Ross area.

Bummer on the end of the month timing. My days off are in the middle of the month. Can’t use vacation just yet.

knkunz

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Kunz
Member #

Oops, I lied. July 26-28. You should go. Me and one other guy in the area are headed over for it. Plan on hitting some trails on the way there and back. Our shop is in ross. I work for summit Esp. So I spend a lot of time in that area. We should all meet up for a beer some time

Reactions: UnderPressure

UnderPressure

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Okc
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Brooks
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5YRP
Will bill OHV in western Montana looks like a good trip.

knkunz

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Kunz
Member #

I’d be up for that, I will need to look it up and see if it’s a trail my tundra could do. Apparently I can’t take a dirt road without breaking down as I found this weekend in South Dakota. I know Gary will be up for it with his jeep

Stone Johnny Overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Williston, ND
Member #

Hey all. Williston here. Love the Tundras also. I have a 1794 and the wife drive a 4Runner. We just got back from a quick trip by Watford City over the weekend. Would love to meet up and do some traveling.

knkunz

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Kunz
Member #

Since we have a few people in the area that are active, We should set up a meet and plan out a trip or just hang out and talk about our rigs, upgrades and drool over everyone's set up. I think there are about 5 rigs that I know of. I believe there are some semi "close" trails we can run. Or if anyone else is going to the Big Sky rally in July we can all go together and make a trip out of it.

Reactions: HankinWI

UnderPressure

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Okc
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Brooks
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5YRP
Wife and I have a turtle back. I can’t get my keyboard off the screen to upload a pic. But I’ve posted pic on here....Oklahoma area. Trailer is still down there. I want to bring it up. I stay in an apartment and will need to get a storage rental if I do.

UnderPressure

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Okc
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Brooks
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5YRP
I’m maybe able to do something mid August.
July I’m going back to Oklahoma and get the redarc trailer brake controller installed in the Jeep and probably grab the trailer

Stone Johnny Overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Williston, ND
Member #

Its the Getaway model from yes, Turtleback. I’ve had this truck for a few years and it’s all stock so not much to look at here lol. But yes this year I need a lift and some fun stuff to add. I’m sure you guys will all help out.
This might be a fun group to hang out.