OB members in south Florida

• HTML tutorial

Walteiro

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Weston, Florida
Member #

We are FLAWD (Florida all wheel drive), an off roading crew based in broward county. Ee would like to welcome anyone with a 4x4 no matter the maker of the rig. We just want to explore, get out of the city, have fun and get to know people with the same mindset. Please let me know if you wanna meet up and join us.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

gonzoy5

Rank V
Launch Member

Builder I

Miami, Fl
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Gonzalez
Member #

I'm in Miami. Just getting the adventure bug after years of seeing Florida trails on mountain bike. I'll be a little tame as I'm in a Subaru, but I'll be adding a few things to make it a bit more capable soon enough. Recovering from shoulder surgery now so I'll be looking to get out in the Spring!

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
I created a Facebook group for us at the suggestion of another member who wants to start organizing FL meet ups!

I'd love to have all of you Florida members join the Overland Bound group so we can start organizing local meet ups:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/OverlandBoundSoutheast/

Last edited:

Walteiro

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Weston, Florida
Member #

I'm in Miami. Just getting the adventure bug after years of seeing Florida trails on mountain bike. I'll be a little tame as I'm in a Subaru, but I'll be adding a few things to make it a bit more capable soon enough. Recovering from shoulder surgery now so I'll be looking to get out in the Spring!
Nice subaru! Well I hope your shoulder heals soon. Im trying to bring together south florida members for rides and meetings with other off roaders in broward and dade. If u need help finding parts, a mechanic shop or just want to come to meet us, u r more than welcome. We operate more as a family than a group.

AdventureWithDanan

Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
We've got a Meetup happening in Ocala National Forest May 6th and 7th!

If you're part of the Facebook group, confirm here:

AdventureWithDanan

Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Reactions: Infomage

ClarkT

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Asheville, NC, USA
First Name
Clark
Last Name
Glenn
Member #

Hey. I'm in Pompano and would love to get together sometime with any of you and FLAWD (love the acronym). I'm often out of the county unexpectedly on business but it looks like I will be around this week and weekend if you want to connect. I haven't been on FB for a few years so, for now, this forum will work best for me to stay in touch. What is the best way to connect with FLAWD?

AdventureWithDanan

Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Hey. I'm in Pompano and would love to get together sometime with any of you and FLAWD (love the acronym). I'm often out of the county unexpectedly on business but it looks like I will be around this week and weekend if you want to connect. I haven't been on FB for a few years so, for now, this forum will work best for me to stay in touch. What is the best way to connect with FLAWD?
I'd search Facebook. Don't know otherwise.

ClarkT

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Asheville, NC, USA
First Name
Clark
Last Name
Glenn
Member #

Just to follow up with this, I've met the FLAWD guys and gals twice now. It is a great group of people and I will be continuing to join within them in the future. However, not everyone is into overlanding and I do want to gather together with other overlanders. So, for everyone in the south Florida area (and anyone else that wants to make the drive) l would like to host a get together at the end of May in Pompano Beach at my hangar at Pompano Beach Airport. I'm thinking May 26 or 27. It could even be early June if better for people. Maybe we could get 5-10 rigs together. It would be great. Respond and let me know what you think. Also, I know @Dananc is organizing something in Ocala on May 6&7. We will be there. Join us if you can!

Reactions: Rivalicon

ClarkT

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Asheville, NC, USA
First Name
Clark
Last Name
Glenn
Member #

June sounds good. And I'll be interested depending what weekend and such

I'm in Pompano Beach and would love to meet up!!!

Great! Let's shoot for that first weekend in June since it looks like it is better for Yota. I would like to just get together for a few drinks, commraderie, and to discuss options for a trip together this summer. How does that sound?

Yota_Crazy_13

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Princeton, FL
Member #

That's sounds good! Sundays are best but I can ask for the first half of Saturday off. Let me know we can do a pot luck thing or use the rigs too whip something up haha

Last edited:
Reactions: ClarkT

ClarkT

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Asheville, NC, USA
First Name
Clark
Last Name
Glenn
Member #

Hey everyone. I am going to have to leave the country from late May to mid June for business reasons. The cool part is that for 8 days of that I will be overlanding in Coasta Rica to visit some of the places we need to see for business (feel SO lucky for that!).

So... I will need to move the date for us meeting up to June 17th. I hope that works for people. Let me know.

Reactions: AdventureWithDanan
R

rob.hoppe

I am in Boca Raton and would love to do some meetups! I am heading to Corbett early saturday morning to cruise around if anyone is intrested

Last edited by a moderator: