OB Members in Montana

• HTML tutorial

Rockstar34

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Kalispell montana
Member #

Hi all. Been a member for awhile just haven’t been using this page. Live in Kalispell. Tow my off-road trailer with my tundra for camping. Also have a 69 FJ40 that my wife and I run the wild bill ohv trail on a regular basis along with some friends. Let me know if you have any other difficult trails you know of in Montana.

Attachments

Hags

Rank IV
Launch Member

Steward I

Troy, MT, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Hagerty
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7ZKB
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Recently moved from Washington to Just west of Troy. Just getting settled in.

IMG_7143.jpg

Reactions: FJ Montana

Dean2

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Chicago, IL, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Clarkson
Member #

Service Branch
USAR/NCNG
Hi all. Recently relocated from Chicago to Billings. Getting settled in and looking forward to some camping and exploring, once Spring rolls around (like, you know, six weeks ago!).

Reactions: Kent R

watrboy

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

Laurel, MT
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Rutt
Member #

That is a culture shock, although I liked Chicago to visit. I am in Laurel and do mostly eastern Montana. Stay out of the trees and mountains. Welcome to Big Sky Country.

Reactions: Kent R

Dean2

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Chicago, IL, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Clarkson
Member #

Service Branch
USAR/NCNG
Thanks! I actually lived in MT on and off as a kid. Army brat. My dad's from here. My mom's from NC. I did a lot of back and forth, with a whole bunch of other places in between. My wife and I randomly wound up in Chicago for a job and spent 18 years there. It's not a total culture shock, but it is different. And, wow, has Billings changed!

It looks like we'll be starting with the Pryors, Snowies, and points east. We're holding off on grizzly country until we can go with some folks who know what they're doing, because I sure don't. The area east of Ashland looks interesting. We hear there's a yurt for rent in/near Makoshika. It's not camping, but if you have a chance to stay in a yurt, I say take it. Long Pines is another spot I've seen in books over the years. What else should we be looking at?

watrboy

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

Laurel, MT
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Rutt
Member #

Makoshika is a great area to explore and virtually at the edge of the city limits of Glendive. American Prairie has some yurts for rent by Judith Landing on the Missouri. Great place to unwind and see wildlife. East of Ashland is beautiful and also remote. I like to do the Pryor Mountains from either the Montana or the WY side for a day trip or the back roads north of I-90 and south of Montana 200. We have enjoyed the area west of Casper WY.
Bears Paw Mountains south of Havre offer a lot of area to explore. The golden triangle of Montana edged by Great Falls, Havre and down to Stanford offers unique geological features and the roads go on for miles. Lots of history to dig up.

Dean2

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Chicago, IL, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Clarkson
Member #

Service Branch
USAR/NCNG
Thanks for the tips. I've only been north of US12 a handful of times, further east. We'll definitely check out the Bears Paw and surrounding area.

watrboy

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

Laurel, MT
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Rutt
Member #

Thanks for the tips. I've only been north of US12 a handful of times, further east. We'll definitely check out the Bears Paw and surrounding area.
That is a common response from a lot of people who live here. Try to keep the secret. Let everybody go west and think they found the best of Montana. We will know better. 20230918_113944.jpg