Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
If someone wants to set up a Rally Point for a meet-up I can send some information just message me @Kent R

Reactions: FJ Montana

FJ Montana

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Livingston, MT, USA
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Newell
Member #

Livingston for me, finally got a new build in the works so it should be trail ready by spring time. Running a 1999 Chevy Silverado this year.

Honeymooners

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Kalispell, Montana, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Reese
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Honeymooners
Hey up there! Nice to see another Jeep overlanding in the area. Nice camp too!
Ever been to the Blacktail Wild Bill trail in the Flathead NF?

Cannot wait to get back on the trail again, new engine this year and a new RTT so i'm excited for 2019!
Yes the local 4x4 club we belong to maintains that trail system. I've actually towed our overland trailer up through there for testing it.

Reactions: EJD

EJD

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Oregon Coast Range, Oregon, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Yes the local 4x4 club we belong to maintains that trail system. I've actually towed our overland trailer up through there for testing it.
Thats kind of intense for a trailer with all those break-overs! Been up there a few times but have not checked out all 3 legs of the trail. Will be back this spring/summer to explore more!

Honeymooners

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Kalispell, Montana, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Reese
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Honeymooners
Thats kind of intense for a trailer with all those break-overs! Been up there a few times but have not checked out all 3 legs of the trail. Will be back this spring/summer to explore more!
Our last trailer I built we took through the Rubicon trail then to Moab. My goal is to sell custom trailers that will go anywhere your rig can go.

Subzilla

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Big Sky Country
Member #

Hey guys I'm in Stanford 5 min. From the little belts. My Overlanding rig is a 97 GMC Suburban 2500 which is in the middle of a power plant change. Going from a 5.7 vortec to an 8.1. My overlanding crew consists of Zander the German Shepherd and Nhasi the Rhodesian Ridgeback. Best crew ever untill rabbit runs by...

watrboy

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

Laurel, MT
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Rutt
Member #

Laurel here. Mostly I explore with a 2014 Yamaha Super Tenere. I am open to any exploring or a meetup. I do also travel in a 2016 Chevy 2500HD, but mostly the bike. My goal is to drive every road in the state and visit every state and national park.

MontanaPW

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Glasgow, MT
First Name
Walter
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Laurel here. Mostly I explore with a 2014 Yamaha Super Tenere. I am open to any exploring or a meetup. I do also travel in a 2016 Chevy 2500HD, but mostly the bike. My goal is to drive every road in the state and visit every state and national park.
I've got a nice road you can do. Glasgow to Fred Robinson Bridge...the back way. I ride a KTM 990 Adv R. Also have a Ferry ride planned but not yet executed from Fred Robinson bridge to Greatfalls taking all 3 working ferry's on the Missouri. That would satisfy a few of the roads you'd like to take I'd think.

MontanaPW

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Glasgow, MT
First Name
Walter
Last Name
Bell
Member #

From Glasgow, family of 4, rolling a 2016 Power Wagon. Still throwing stuff in my kit for some over landing. Currently on the hunt for a big ass camper...I'm trying to tell my wife she doesn't need all that. Hahaha! The struggle is real!

Also tour a 2010 KTM 990 Adv R. She got me to Prudhoe and back without a hitch...really love that bike.

Nice to see some Overlanders here! It would be fun to meet up somewhere. Walt

EJD

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Oregon Coast Range, Oregon, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Davis
Member #

This was my last overlanding trip, it was in the Two Medicine area of the Blackfoot Nation/Glacier National Park. This is Swiftcurrent Lake and Mad Wolf Mountain with me in the photo and my 2000 Jeep TJ Wrangler Sahara, doorless/topless in the winter...

Reactions: NicaDave

watrboy

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

Laurel, MT
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Rutt
Member #

I've got a nice road you can do. Glasgow to Fred Robinson Bridge...the back way. I ride a KTM 990 Adv R. Also have a Ferry ride planned but not yet executed from Fred Robinson bridge to Greatfalls taking all 3 working ferry's on the Missouri. That would satisfy a few of the roads you'd like to take I'd think.
I like that idea, Love that country up there and visit Glasgow yearly. I will check out the maps. Also like the ferry trip. I have done Fort Benton to Lewistown and found that so interesting. Amazed at the wheat harvest in that section of MT.

Reactions: MontanaPW

BigskyLX

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor I

Great Falls, MT
First Name
Scot
Last Name
Lawson
Member #

Hello all! I’m in Great Falls and just moved from an 80 series LC to a 100 series. Old set up and the new. I’m keeping the 416 trailer and tent for the rougher stuff. Cheers, Scot9323893239

Reactions: NicaDave

donkability

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Ohio
How are the areas between red lodge and big horn and custer? we have a group of guys out near bridger in june looking for quick easy stuff to do maybe some back country camping, nothing hard core we have a few 4x4's just want to disappear a couple days as the week will be quick and short. any tips on those areas?

watrboy

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

Laurel, MT
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Rutt
Member #

How are the areas between red lodge and big horn and custer? we have a group of guys out near bridger in june looking for quick easy stuff to do maybe some back country camping, nothing hard core we have a few 4x4's just want to disappear a couple days as the week will be quick and short. any tips on those areas?
The pryors south and east of Bridger, MT offer lots of trails and poking around sights. Wild horse range is accessible although June could have some left over snow and muddy roads. From Bridger over to Lovell and into the Bighorn Canyon over Burgess Junction is alot of day trip stuff. June in Red Lodge this year will be left over snow and not much back country yet. Early June will be still melting, maybe late June will have some access. Looping over to Custer, MT opens alot of beautiful back roads with history of the Indian Wars. I run a lot of day trips on motorcycles through there. This is my backyard.

donkability

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Ohio
The pryors south and east of Bridger, MT offer lots of trails and poking around sights. Wild horse range is accessible although June could have some left over snow and muddy roads. From Bridger over to Lovell and into the Bighorn Canyon over Burgess Junction is alot of day trip stuff. June in Red Lodge this year will be left over snow and not much back country yet. Early June will be still melting, maybe late June will have some access. Looping over to Custer, MT opens alot of beautiful back roads with history of the Indian Wars. I run a lot of day trips on motorcycles through there. This is my backyard.
I know they had late snow this year but seemed nice and melted at the lower elevations last year. Pass didnt open tell june 3rd last year we are there 7-15 this year. We basically just want to drive out and base camp a couple days, thinking about right there at the bottom of the beartooth drive up to hellroaring and hike out. Idk looking for more ideas. Never ending space out there to explore!