Launch Member

Advocate III

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Arguello
Member #

Hello all, I was just wondering if anyone in the Colorado Springs area was planning on attending the the Rocky Mountain Overland Rally coming up August 1-4 in Gunnison? If so what days are you planning on going?

Mrfixit

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Hesperus, CO, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Hager
Member #

4 corners area member, Durango Co, my daughter and I love the outdoors and exploring nature. I am a welding 94403269-A4AB-471A-9202-E048C3B785A6.jpegC43F5A79-FC2E-4239-A051-5397955CD4BA.jpeg instructor at a community college so I have summers off which gives us lots of time to get away. We would love to meet some locals with the same interests as us and also hang out with overlanders visiting the area.

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

4 corners area member, Durango Co, my daughter and I love the outdoors and exploring nature. I am a welding View attachment 111315View attachment 111316 instructor at a community college so I have summers off which gives us lots of time to get away. We would love to meet some locals with the same interests as us and also hang out with overlanders visiting the area.
Welcome, a welding instructor ayeee. I just started working in our school system last year. I am hoping to take advantage off our time off also. To do some great trips.

4Corners4Runner

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Cortez, CO, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Addingt
Member #

Nice
Hello Colorado,

I created this thread for each of you to introduce yourself. Tell us all about your family, you and your rig. Share pictures and get to know others in your state. I will start.

I learned about overlanding last year and have since outfitted my 2015 JKU Rubicon to go anywhere I want. I love getting out in the open air to rock crawl, camp or just go for a drive. I usually head out somewhere every weekend as soon as I clock out of work at 4 pm on Friday.

My Jeep was stock last year until I was in Moab horse back riding and decided to hot a few trails and see what the fuss was all about. WOW what an experience and I have been going full force since.

My goal is to be able to run Baja for a week next year. Your turn!!!
Nice Jeep!

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

Hey all,

Trying to get back on here more and get involved again. Name is Murphy and I live in Arvada, little bit of a world traveler, Ireland, Saudi Arabia, USA--CA and now CO. Currently have a 2018 Tacoma TRD Off-road and love exploring new spots and getting outdoors.
If anyone has some recommendations for trails and camp spots in the Rockies, let me know!IMG_20190525_191834.jpg00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190714074937141_COVER.jpgCapture3.PNGCapture.PNG

Contributor I

colorado
First Name
jeremy
Last Name
fletcher
Aurora Colorado here looking to add people or join people in their adventures we have a small group of like 4 to 5 rigs and we go up to the Idaho springs area a lot to explore and camp

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hey all,

Trying to get back on here more and get involved again. Name is Murphy and I live in Arvada, little bit of a world traveler, Ireland, Saudi Arabia, USA--CA and now CO. Currently have a 2018 Tacoma TRD Off-road and love exploring new spots and getting outdoors.
If anyone has some recommendations for trails and camp spots in the Rockies, let me know!View attachment 111672View attachment 111673View attachment 111674View attachment 111675
WELCOME BACK!

Reactions: murps

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Aurora Colorado here looking to add people or join people in their adventures we have a small group of like 4 to 5 rigs and we go up to the Idaho springs area a lot to explore and camp
Welcome, Jeremy!

We'd love it if you'd invite us along on one of your trips! It could be either formal or informal.....whichever you like. You could even create an official Rally Point. I'll be happy to help!

llewdis

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

CO, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
S
Member #

Hello all! I have been a camper/backpacker my whole life and an occasional off road enthusiast when equipment and time allowed. In the past two years I have been able to finally indulge my lust for a "classic" land cruiser and to get a newer daily driver version as well. I am now working on converting my rigs to overland vehicles so that I can instill the same love for the outdoors and camping in my children as I got when I grew up. I am looking forward to meeting others in the RM region and learning as much as I can from your experience.

My 1980 BJ 42 Right Hand Drive Diesel 3B
IMG_1005.jpeg

My other rig is a stock 2013 Land Cruiser which is my daily driver.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hello all! I have been a camper/backpacker my whole life and an occasional off road enthusiast when equipment and time allowed. In the past two years I have been able to finally indulge my lust for a "classic" land cruiser and to get a newer daily driver version as well. I am now working on converting my rigs to overland vehicles so that I can instill the same love for the outdoors and camping in my children as I got when I grew up. I am looking forward to meeting others in the RM region and learning as much as I can from your experience.

View attachment 114223

Welcome! What part of the state are you in?

Contributor I

colorado
First Name
jeremy
Last Name
fletcher

View attachment 114223

Nice rig man

Reactions: 4Corners4Runner

Qaz

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Qaz
Last Name
Mon
Member #

Hello all! New member here from Colorado Springs. I've been slowly converting my 08 Pathfinder for more offroading and overlanding. The kids and I are looking forward to finding more place to roam to and see some amazing sites. Just thought I would say hello to everyone in the area.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew