Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hello Colorado,

I created this thread for each of you to introduce yourself. Tell us all about your family, you and your rig. Share pictures and get to know others in your state. I will start.

I learned about overlanding last year and have since outfitted my 2015 JKU Rubicon to go anywhere I want. I love getting out in the open air to rock crawl, camp or just go for a drive. I usually head out somewhere every weekend as soon as I clock out of work at 4 pm on Friday.

My Jeep was stock last year until I was in Moab horse back riding and decided to hot a few trails and see what the fuss was all about. WOW what an experience and I have been going full force since.

My goal is to be able to run Baja for a week next year. Your turn!!!

Attachments

Nomadic Michael

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ouray, CO
Member #

Recently moved to the Ouray area currently building a home. Spent 4 years traveling the US trying to determine my new home base. Nearly 3 years in a 4WD Sprinter van.

IMG_0214.JPG

My current build is on a 100 series. I’ll be heading to the Overland Expo West (my fifth time), let me know if you will be there.

IMG_1216.JPG

Fortis Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

Hey team! My name is Ryan Kelly (Fortis Overland) from Colorado Springs. Excited to start joining trips in the near future. I drive a modified 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road. I will be unable to make the Utah trip as I'll already be in Zion around that time, but will definitely be up for future adventures and trail rides!

IMG_2072.jpg58574792_10106893122598953_121460459655135232_o.jpg

Ace_Taco

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Denver, CO
Member #

Hey all, I'm Mike Ackerman - been camping/overlanding/four-wheeling for over 25 years (so far). Have a 2017 Tacoma OR that I just can't stop modifying. :smirk:
We've put about 10K miles on road tripping and adventuring in the last year - would really like to do a long Baja trip in the near future as well. I'm heading to Expo West through Moab next week. I found a great camping area about 20 minutes outside of Flagstaff if anyone needs coordinates.

Trailbound

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Hello, Doug from Pagosa Springs. 4 kids, 3 of which are in college so not much $ going into my rigs :). Love the outdoors and camping next to someplace to fish!
Never owned a vehicle that wasn't four wheel drive. I love meeting like minded people and I'm always willing to help those in need, I have a shop if your broke down near Pagosa! (or a place to camp) Some may have seen my rig-92 suburban with a cummins but the only thing Chevy is the cab/body.IMG_1010.JPGIMG_0973.JPG.

ZR2inCO

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Denver, CO
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Schultz
Member #

Tyler here from Parker. While I've been a Wrangler guy for years, I recently traded in for a ZR2 and love it. I've done most everything in the Boulder area but am hoping to explore more down South and West this summer while my wife is on summer break from Med School. Here's a couple pics of us in Moab from last October.

Our rig is stock but it suits our needs for exploring CO Backcountry and camping!IMG_20181013_161923.jpegIMG_20181015_201251_781.jpegIMG_20181013_162106.jpeg

JWMartin

Rank II
Launch Member

Member II

Peyton, CO, USA
Member #

Hello everyone!

Jason here from the Colorado Springs area. Bought my first Jeep last year (2018 Jeep Rubicon) and became instantly addicted to wheeling. I’ve decided to take the Overland route vs rock crawling and starting to outfit my rig.

My wife and I are looking forward to future adventures and meeting everyone.

Attachments

OBNate303

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Highlands Ranch, CO
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Tillmanns
Member #

Hey everyone, Nathan here, OB member # 3856! I live in Parker, CO with my wife, daughter, and dog Lynk. I grew up enjoying the outdoors a lot as a kid, and a couple years ago decided it was time to buy something that can get me to where I wanted to go. So, I purchase a brand new 2016 TRD Off-Road Tacoma and then it began. Since then I've only done a few things; a King lift, Toyo RT tires, some Icon wheels, and a few other things. I absolutely love the tuck, and have had nothing but fun driving this thing around the Colorado backcountry. I look forward to meeting some new people around this area, so I can continue to learn the ways of the trails, overlanding, and just enjoying what Colorado trails have to offer with other off-roading enthusiast.

FauxLux

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Centennial, Colorado, 80016
First Name
Thatch
Last Name
VdB
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ETT
Howdy,

Welcome!

Looking forward to hearing of meetups.

Im a native Coloradan and have been "overlanding" for years, mostly in Colorado, Utah, California, and Mexico. I generally travel in a pretty significantly tricked out FauxLux with an RTT, but sonetimes with a trailer, and sometimes via ATV. I have two teen daughters and we live on the Front Range in very eastern Centennial (Saddle Rock). OB #3241

F8B3FF4E-28EB-4E59-951E-00312738E305.jpegD9A12A8E-2C79-45E6-B579-399AFBF1BDFD.jpegF5C607A7-CF09-4F07-8422-E23B88363105.jpeg00470E8B-BEA3-4797-84B7-933B124494FE.jpeg65C948DD-4717-4540-BB65-A084C32CDDD8.jpegAE70F48E-A52B-46CA-A750-707828135ACC.jpeg2E66509E-6240-4D0E-A386-BA9B32DF2D91.jpeg

Last edited:

Wayfarer

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Westcliffe, CO, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AE0AO
Howdy all,

Mark from the Wet Mountains. Moved here full-time about a year ago with my wife and our four-legged kid, Heidi. Been doing the off-road thing in one way or another since I was a kid and have always been an explorer so overlanding is a natural fit. I'm sure there will be a few smaller adventures in the interim but our next big trip will be a month or so in Baja later this year... really lookin' forward eating too many tacos, a little surf fishing, and some down time on the beach!

Some absolutely awesome pics on this thread and mine won't do it justice but I'll post them up just the same. A couple when the Jeep was mostly stock and one a view from the homestead because, well, I feel pretty lucky to have it!

Always interested in meeting like-minded folks and willing to help if you're in the area and need it. We'll be at Expo next week as well if anyone thinks an impromptu meet up over a drink or two sounds good.

k5nutt

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Grand Junction Colorado
Member #

Hello all. OB # 1610. My project sat for a long time due to work. How ever recently we are gaining ground on my dream rig. I melded the camper from my old 76 K5 Blazer Chalet onto my 1990 Jimmy. The vehicle is primarily built to be a prospecting-ufo chasing-treasure hunting rig. However i really want to get out in the boonies more once she is complete. My job takes me to many a remote location drilling holes in the ground and i am very fond of it. Been a member of CK5.com since day 2 or 3 back in late 1999. Attended the first 5 Blazer Bash events...and worked out the must climb rocks bug from my system. My Jimmy is well set up to traverse rough terrain with extra in reserve if needed.

Technically homeless as i have a unique living situation. It sucks because by trade i was an ASE Master Diesel tech before the oil field got a hold of me in 05 after 11 years with Freightliner. Hate having my taco cart (tool box) in storage. But 15 was bad to all us oil field types and it takes time to pull yourself up by your boot straps.

2005 Stock 6.0L LQ4/ 4l80e/ NP241c w SYE. 14B Rear with disc brakes...4.88's and an ARB.10B front with 8 lug outers 4.88's - ARB - Moly Shafts - Yukon Super Joints - Xover Steering (All ORD or PSC parts)-Hydro Assist ram. 76 k5 Blazer Chalet camper. Rear Hefty Fab rear bumper and a front ORD bumper with a Warn 10k winch.

Any who my buddy Steve is having all the kinks worked out at Barney Brothers and soon the Jimmy will be off to Bayfield for hopefully the final stage of the build for a top rebuild and an interior. :0)

I can not wait to be able to load her up and put the nose in the wind and just go...

Doug Wright

Attachments

jeepers29

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

Hey y'all, we currently live in central Texas but have a house in Pagosa Springs that we get to as often as we can. Plan on retirement there in a few years. We drive a 2014 JKU with lots of goodies added on. We spend a week every year in Ouray with a group of friends. Cant wait to be full timers in Colorado.